Diagramming Slow?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Todd Bolton | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 2:44 PM

Hello all,

I have been having problems with the diagramming feature. At a certain point, maybe after 2 verses, the performance gets very slow. It lags to the point of almost being unusable. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I use Logos 6 on a Mac Book Pro so hardware should not be an issue.

Thanks!

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 2:50 PM

Todd Bolton:
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I don't use the feature, so I am sorry I can't be of any help. However...

Todd Bolton:
I use Logos 6 on a Mac Book Pro so hardware should not be an issue.

That isn't very specific. Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:04 PM

I have had the same experience...acts like a memory bleed

Posts 31934
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:05 PM

Unfortunately, I'm PC. Is the problem occurring with line or text flow? single or dual language? and what is the length of the passage? I might be able to notice where the PC slows and assume that the Mac merely does so more acutely.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2
Todd Bolton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:09 PM

I use line diagramming with the Greek text. The length of the passage varies. This time I was doing Ephesians 1:8-14. Once I get beyond a page or two it really bogs down. 

Posts 31934
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:20 PM

Thanks - I'll see if I can figure it out ... or get someone from Faithlife to respond ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:24 AM

Todd Bolton:

I use line diagramming with the Greek text. The length of the passage varies. This time I was doing Ephesians 1:8-14. Once I get beyond a page or two it really bogs down. 

When you the diagram starts to slow down, can you please click the "Sample" button on the Logging Utility found here and post the zip file to this thread?

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS