The Essential IVP Reference Collection 3

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
YK Cheah | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:29 PM

Hi,

I am currently assessing whether to purchase "The Essential IVP Reference Collection 3" but noticed that the product cannot be found anymore in the LOGOS website.

Is this product no longer available?

Kheong

Posts 3882
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:51 PM

YK Cheah:

Hi,

I am currently assessing whether to purchase "The Essential IVP Reference Collection 3" but noticed that the product cannot be found anymore in the LOGOS website.

Is this product no longer available?

Kheong

YK Cheah--I'm not sure that I have seen it, and I do not see it now. But you mentioned you were "evaluating" it.  I was wondering where you saw it to begin with, in order for you to start evaluating it, and how long ago?  What resources were you wanting?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:54 PM

Looks like 3 is the same as 2...

http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2447

Posts 3254
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:54 PM

Here is a link on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Essential-IVP-Reference-Collection/dp/0830824472

It is discontinued / out of print so to speak but looks like there are some left for sale.

Posts 3882
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:56 PM

okay . . . this is bugging me--I see this:

I see the reference to it above, but can't see it when I click the link . . . I'm searching! :)

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 6:00 PM

...so maybe that means version 4 is coming soonish?

Posts 2
YK Cheah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 6:06 PM

That may be the case. It was available during the March Madness Sale with a small discount. I guess  they have probably run out of copes. Hopefully 4 is coming out.

Posts 2966
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 6:10 PM

bought it on the First of March 2016...but in my Orderlist is no Link anymore for it, so it might be gone.

Posts 3882
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 7:23 PM

YK Cheah:

That may be the case. It was available during the March Madness Sale with a small discount. I guess  they have probably run out of copes. Hopefully 4 is coming out.

I don't recall what it was selling for, but if you found an old Libronix version for cheaper, those licenses will be good for you to access via Logos. (the links above technically should not be posted here because they link to external sales sites, but now that they are, you get the idea that you could possibly get a CD Rom set somewhere)

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 7:45 PM

It looks like it's gone. A shame! I was intending to buy it in the very near future.

If I had the opportunity to buy it right now, I would take it.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:57 AM

There are some problems with this product and we needed to remove it from the website. It is unclear at this time if it will return. I'll add a comment on this thread if it returns. 

Posts 1079
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 10:31 AM

Are we talking the kind of problem which affects those who already purchased?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:27 AM
This is only conjecture, but the problem may have been with the "Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels" although having just checked FL still sells both the original and 2nd edition (when I started my reply I thought perhaps they were no longer allowed to sell the original version, but I see that they sell both with the original being almost half off). Although they still may wish to update the collection if they can with the current version of the dictionary. -Dan
Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 11:46 AM

John G:

Are we talking the kind of problem which affects those who already purchased?

No, this does not affect those who've already purchased this product.

Posts 1079
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:08 PM

Great news!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 992
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:20 PM

... I guess I need to take it off my wish list ....

Sad

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 7:36 PM

Steve:

I'm keeping it on in case it comes back, or there's a replacement that FL wisely decides to email everyone with it on their wishlists about.

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 7:49 PM

SineNomine:

Steve:

I'm keeping it on in case it comes back, or there's a replacement that FL wisely decides to email everyone with it on their wishlists about.

Likewise. Here's hoping...

Posts 211
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 10:02 AM

SineNomine:

It looks like it's gone. A shame!

Yes, it would be quite a shame if this product (or an update to it) is gone permanently! It was such a great package at a great price. Faithlife, please do what you can to get a package like this available for sale once again. I'm sure you'll have lots of buyers!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 11:13 AM

Checking IVPs website, that collection is listed as Out of Print. Best guess is that they are (hopefully) planning a Collection 4

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS