Just getting my new Boyue e-ink reader set up and noticed that the "low light" mode doesn't work right

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:56 PM

Am I missing something with this?  Shouldn't it be white on black when it is turned on (like my ipad)? 

I hope this can be resolved. Since I have such low vision, this is one of the features I use the most.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:55 AM

Hi Aaron, 

The 'low light' works fine on mine if I'm in the dark. If it's bright around, it just switches on in the normal 'un-back-lit' mode. 

If you need it constantly, you can switch it on manually by holding down the refresh button for a couple of seconds (that's the small one on the left hand side). 

Colin. 

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:14 AM

Aaron W:
Shouldn't it be white on black when it is turned on (like my ipad)? 

All tablets are black text on a white background by default. If your iPad is different to that, it will be because you have changed the settings.

Can you clarify whether this is a problem for you in a specific app (Logos? Kindle?), or on the device as a whole?

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:27 AM

Thanks, but I'm not sure I am explaining myself well.  What I need is for the text to be white and the background to actually be black. AND I need the backlight on, in order to make the view more contrasted.  The Kindle app does this perfectly on the Boyue.  The Logos app simply turns the font a grey color, leaving the background white.  I'm not sure if I have a broken version of the app, but that's the effect I get, grey text on a white background.

It works well on the iPad app to do this, but I can't see the iPad screen outside and that's what I need it for. 

EDIT:  Scratch that, I didn't notice that I had to hit the little Arrow next to settings at the top in order for it to take effect.  I was just clicking on the button and then backing out of the settings.  It's working PERFECTLY now.  Oh man, this is great!

Thanks for the help!

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:07 PM

Aaron, do you mind sharing from where you bought your Boyue reader? I tried buying one from eBay but that fell through. Thanks in advance.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:49 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Aaron, do you mind sharing from where you bought your Boyue reader? I tried buying one from eBay but that fell through. Thanks in advance.

DId you search Amazon?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 3:19 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Yasmin Stephen:

DId you search Amazon?

Yes, but it costs quite a bit more and is neither sold directly nor fulfilled by Amazon. Plus the one seller with any available right now has only an 83% positive rating for the last 12 months.

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 2:19 PM

bought mine from jdcom1387 in singapore on ebay.  ordered it on 25 Mar and got it on 6 Apr.  Works great.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 2:48 PM

Robert Neely:

bought mine from jdcom1387 in singapore on ebay.  ordered it on 25 Mar and got it on 6 Apr.  Works great.

Thanks for replying. I checked the seller and I'm only seeing the Boyue T62, not the T62+

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 5:56 PM

yes, they sell the T62D.  T62D = T62+

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 6:03 PM

Robert Neely:

T62D = T62+

I didn't know that; I'll check again. Thanks!

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 6:24 PM

T62D CPU:  dual-core Rockchip RK3066 at 1.6GHz, 912.0 MHz clock

(sorry, engineer by trade)

Posts 76
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 6:22 AM

Sorry for not responding sooner.  I haven't actually checked the forums, just a few threads that I've bookmarked.

I bought mine from citic8813 out of Singapore on March 26 and received it on April 11.

From Ebay

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2016 8:40 AM

Aaron W:

I bought mine from citic8813 out of Singapore on March 26 and received it on April 11.

From Ebay

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS