Bock's Mobile Ed "Learn to Study the Bible" opinion

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 13 2016 6:35 AM

I'm working my way through the Logos 30-day training (very helpful) and am interested in Darrell Bock's Mobile Ed course, Learn to the Study the Bible.

I have a MATS and have used Logos for several years, although I am far (very far) from an expert.  I don't want a re-hash of my seminary classes but am always open to expanding my Bible study toolbox. Would Bock's course be a good value to me  with my background, especially at the March Madness price? 

Thank you for any insights.

Kathy Brasby

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 7:44 AM

I would assume that in your MATS there is a hermenuetics class or two of some type.  If so I would say that there would be a lot of material you have already covered.  I have not watched this class, but with my MDiv.  and looking through the contents, I don't see much that would be new ground.

Posts 359
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:04 AM

I agree with Everett. I have done Bock's class and the 30 day challenge and don't believe Bock would take you much farther and would repeat a lot of what you have already learned. Bock's class is a good basics for anyone just beginning bible study.

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:17 AM

Thank you! 

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 11:37 AM

Just to add though (for anyone else reading) that if you are new to bible interpretation Bock's Mobile Ed (BI100) may be for you. I have followed some of it and I love it (I am a relative newbee to all of this).  I like the idea of mobile Ed in general - especially the "suggest readings" sections. 

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 4:53 PM

I have done both and think Bock covers quite a bit of "other ground, especially in background, genre, interpretation.  A lot of practical advice, but I marked it up pretty well for personal reference as well.  I also spent a lot of time on the Suggested Reading, which to me, adds a lot of value to the courses. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS