Logos will not open

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Cecil Lucas | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 13 2016 7:51 AM

I am using Logos 6 on a newer macbook pro and when I try to open the program he icon hops up and down but does not open.  The only other program running is WORD for mac and safari.  Ideas on what is going on?

Posts 1892
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:10 AM

Welcome to the forums Cecil! Sorry you having troubles.

First, I would try restarting the Macbook.

Second, if it still doesn't work, you'll need to post your logs. There's a link in my signature line for how to do that.

Posts 29272
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 10:11 AM

Cecil Lucas:

I am using Logos 6 on a newer macbook pro and when I try to open the program he icon hops up and down but does not open.  The only other program running is WORD for mac and safari.  Ideas on what is going on?

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

I agree that logs might be required... but... The symptoms you describe aren't common, although there was an issue 6 months ago or so which did cause those same symptoms. Some questions, and a potential solution:

• How often do you update your software engine? 
  • Do you have it set to auto update (which is default)? 
  • Do you have updates set to happen in a window of time (non-default)?

Unless you had logging enabled previously, you likely won't have useful logs. If you did have logging enabled, it might be good for the devs to have those. See my signature line. 

The potential solution is to download and install the newest engine manually. See link in my signature line. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Cecil Lucas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 7:54 AM

Here is the archive file from the log utility:

7608.LogosLogs.pastor.20160414-075204.zip

Posts 3
Cecil Lucas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 7:56 AM

I have done all of the latest updates for the macbook and for logos.  My logos opens on my other mac that I use for church, it just won't open on this computer that I use at home.  

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 8:13 AM

Cecil Lucas:
I have done all of the latest updates for the macbook and for logos.  My logos opens on my other mac that I use for church, it just won't open on this computer that I use at home.  

Based on your logs, it looks like your version of Logos is out of date as it is trying to launch 6.7. You can manually download the latest version from this thread.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 1
The Gathering Place | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 8:14 AM

Thanks!  It looks like that worked.  It is indexing its little heart out!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS