What to do with old Logos media (CDs, DVDs, etc.)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 13 2016 9:12 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been cleaning out my office and have run across my old Logos CDs (from the Libronix era, 2004) and wondering if there's any real reason to keep these around. I've not used any of them since Logos started downloading all of my books automatically with Logos 4.

Any thoughts? What have you done with your old installation and resource media?

Tim

Posts 1096
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 9:37 PM

Hello Tim

Two things, I would call customer support and make sure that the old media, were all credited to my account. 

Second I would keep a document on file with the serial numbers and name of the CD or DVD, with the listed resources to make sure i did not have a future problem of some kind with registration . 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 10:07 PM

AFTER doing as Lee says, consider doing this as well.

Posts 26403
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 5:33 PM

Lee:
Second I would keep a document on file with the serial numbers and name of the CD or DVD, with the listed resources to make sure i did not have a future problem of some kind with registration

It's better to backup the resources* from the latest Logos 4/5/6 version because they are licensed and have the latest format. The license file can also be backed up from ...\Logos\Data\randomId\LicenseManager.

*  ...\Logos\Data\randomId\ResourceManager\Resources

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS