Logos 6.11 (6.11.0.0026) now available

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2068
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 18 2016 12:31 PM

Logos 6.11 (6.11.0.0026) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 6.11 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 6.11 using the appropriate link:

Release Notes

Mac
Windows

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 12:58 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Logos 6.9 (6.9.0.0029) is available for download.

Do you mean 6.11?

Posts 2068
LogosEmployee

Fredc:

Do you mean 6.11?

Indeed. Thank you!

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 1:38 PM

Max download speed was 114 Mbit/s - with 54 resources updated in the same batch. 

And Bellingham is on the other side of the world!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 26288
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 2:19 PM

Veli Voipio:
And Bellingham is on the other side of the world!

And I would have sworn it was just a couple of hours to the Northwest Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 5:38 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Fredc:

Do you mean 6.11?

Indeed. Thank you!

Wink 

Posts 52
Daniel Jomphe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 4:40 AM

Is it just me or does this release really smoothes the scrolling performance through books?

I can now actually read while I scroll - it's that smooth; it's no more chunk-scrolling.

I found nothing about this potential change in the release notes. (But you'd say: who cares about release notes if "experience notes" show something to be true... I was curious about what changed to support such a nice improvement.)

Posts 67
Bill Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 5:07 AM

Thank you!

Smile

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 5:13 AM

Daniel Jomphe:

Is it just me or does this release really smoothes the scrolling performance through books?

I can now actually read while I scroll - it's that smooth; it's no more chunk-scrolling.

I found nothing about this potential change in the release notes. (But you'd say: who cares about release notes if "experience notes" show something to be true... I was curious about what changed to support such a nice improvement.)

Many (if not most) under the hood optimizations are not specifically listed in release notes. But as you said, who cares if it worksSmile

Posts 3659
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:08 PM

The release broke Smart Tags. Again.

Problem reregistering Logoscom.exe appears to be that it's no longer in the directory that the powershell script is expecting. It's now in a subfolder to where the script is expecting it.Sad

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Logos5\Pending

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 1:51 PM

BillS:

The release broke Smart Tags. Again.

Problem reregistering Logoscom.exe appears to be that it's no longer in the directory that the powershell script is expecting. It's now in a subfolder to where the script is expecting it.Sad

That did not come up in the Beta and the most recent version of 6.11 did not break Smart Tags for me. What OS and version of office are you using?

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 2:53 PM

BillS:

It's now in a subfolder to where the script is expecting it.Sad

The script expects it to be in your ...\Logos5\System folder. If it exists, the \Pending folder indicates that a software update did not complete. Restart the computer and/or try a manual update. That should fix registration as I have no problem with Smart Tags in v6.11

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3659
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 7:36 PM

Dave Hooton:
The script expects it to be in your ...\Logos5\System folder. If it exists, the \Pending folder indicates that a software update did not complete. Restart the computer and/or try a manual update. That should fix registration as I have no problem with Smart Tags in v6.11

Restarting Logos didn't work. Restarting the computer worked.

Thanks, Dave!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS