DeSilva Teaching MaterialsVolume I

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 20 2016 5:13 PM

This resource downloaded today, I can't find mention of it on the Logos site or on the forums. Is it a Logos Now resource, or part of a collection previously purchased?

Thanks!

Posts 1726
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 6:33 PM

It's permanent.

I subscribe to Now, also, but I don't have an indication that it's related. A product page (https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_CIDBDOCDESILVA1/desilva-teaching-materials-volume-1 ) for it says it's part of Silver and above. I have Reformed Silver; maybe it's in that, too.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 6:45 PM

Thanks Robert!

Posts 243
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 7:12 PM

Thanks Yes

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 7:38 AM

I have LOGOS GOLD, and I cannot find it anywhere as well.

Posts 27954
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 7:53 AM

Kenute P. Curry:
I have LOGOS GOLD, and I cannot find it anywhere as well.

For clarification, do you own a Logos 6 "gold" package? For example, if you previously purchased an L5 "gold" package and later purchased a cross grade, that wouldn't count. 

If you do indeed own an L6 base package (silver or higher), then try running update now or update resources. Also, make sure download updates isn't time restricted in preferences. 

If those don't work, please create a new thread in the L6 forum.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 297
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 8:22 AM

I have logos 6 over edition and also logos now. I have a collection of De Silva PowerPoint presentations from various sites in the holy land. Try doing a media search for De Silva I've had these resources for quite a while now.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 9:04 AM

I do have a LOGOS 6 GOLD PACKAGE alabama24

I will try doing what you said, and see if that works.

Posts 3384
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 9:26 AM

Is there anyway to download the videos? 

When I click on them it goes to biblia. I'm wondering how I can use then when away from internet

Posts 297
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 9:59 AM

They are not videos, they are a collection of PowerPoint presentations. I have logos now and they may only be available in logos now. 

Posts 3384
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 10:03 AM

There are both slides and videos. If you have now use the media browser and filter down to video

Posts 990
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 10:06 AM

I am NOT a Logos Now user but I have had the download of the deSilva Teaching Materials, Volume 1 which shows in my library.

I am wondering if there is a problem somewhere as it states that it is for Silver or above (no mention of Logos Now) but the instructions on the product in my Library tell me to go the Media browser which is only for Logos Now users.

"deSilva Teaching Materials, Volume 1

Introduction

Dive deeper into the cultural context of the Bible with the deSilva Teaching Materials, Volume 1. This media collection brings seminary-level teaching to your desktop. Distinguished professor and New Testament scholar, Dr. David. A deSilva, guides you through important locations in the biblical world through informative teaching and illustrative media of significant artifacts, archaeological sites, and more. The images used in the videos and slides are also available in the Logos media library.

Usage
  1.      To display the entire collection of videos, slides, and images, under Tools select Media Browser. There will be an entry for “deSilva Teaching Materials, Vol. 1” under Collections (you may have to expand the list).
    •      Click on a video still (marked with a play button) to open Biblica.com in your internet browser and view the video.
  2.      Do a search in “All Media” for “deSilva” to find the entire collection of videos, slides, and images.
  3.      When a video or slide has been tagged with a passage, the video will be shown in a corresponding Passage Guide under the Logos Media section.
  4.      When a video, slide, or image has been tagged with a person, place or thing, the corresponding Factbook page may display the matching video, depending on its priority. Media Search for the same item should always include the same video in its results."

Does anyone have information to state if it is or is not for no-Logos Now users??

Posts 3384
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 11:39 AM

I believe if you do a basic search for "cultural context" that should bring them up

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 11:47 AM

If you go to the regular search tab, there is a "Media" section.  You can search within that section for "deSilva" and it seems to pull up these new resources.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 12:13 PM

I have no Media Section under TOOLS in LOGOS.

Posts 27507
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 12:20 PM

Kenute, the Media referred to above is in the Search tool between Bible and Clause.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 1:51 PM

I found "Media" between Bible and Clause MJ. Smith but there is no Media there. Nothing on desilva teachings at all.

UPDATE: I found 4 of the videos just by typing in the word "desilva" and that was all.

This is very confusing.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Finally found all of them in MEDIA COLLECTIONS.

Posts 254
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 2:06 PM

I have neither Gold nor Silver but Logos 6 Crossgrade and received this without any interest in it.  Does anyone know why Logos sent it to us unwanted and un-ordered?

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 2125
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 3:39 PM

1. Media Browser is a part of "Logos Now," apparently, I don't subscribe to Now and don't have the media browser.  For those of us limping along without Now, we can do this: 

2. Search | Media  --> Search all media in All resources for "DeSilva"

3. Open Favorites.  Create a shortcut by dragging the open search tab over to Favorites.  Rename it "DeSilva Media"

4. Hope for a good internet connection.  

Final Analysis:

The available media , all 318 or 369 pieces (the jury is still out), are quite good. 

Posts 3384
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 4:20 PM

I agree that it is really great stuff. I just wish we could download the videos

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS