Puzzled: Why do my clause search results differ from those in the Practicum training video?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 21 2016 10:16 PM

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on why my clause search results may differ from those in the training video (Practicum Chapter 4: Clause search).

As far as I can tell I ran the same search but was missing a search result as per the screenshots below. The only difference I can see is that I am using L6 and the videos are using L5. 

Thanks in advance

Sue

Screenshot 1: From training video - 11 Search results

Screenshot 2: My Clause search - 10 Search results

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 10:37 PM

Sue McIntyre:
I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on why my clause search results ...

Appears Subject does not have Jesus for 1 Cor 11:23 while subject text has  κύριος Ἰησοῦς with subject translation of "the Lord Jesus"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 10:50 PM

What is interesting is that the syntactic graph which is a portion of what is searched does have the subject of Jesus attached to "took" but not explicitly for "betrayed" ... I suspect a patch to solve one problem that caused another.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 11:12 PM

Thank you KS4J and MJ for your replies.

Impressive Greek text mark up KS4J :-)  

Although  ὁ κύριος Ἰησοῦς is identified as the subject text. I am now also wondering why 'Jesus' is omitted from the subject data?

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 11:28 PM

I suspect because there is only one subject noted in the clause visualization ... they did not separate and assign antecedent to the he.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2016 4:00 AM

Thanks MJ. That clarifies things for me. 

Do you think this has been changed since the Practicum series was recorded in 2013?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2016 10:39 AM

Sue McIntyre:
Impressive Greek text mark up KS4J :-)  

Thankful for visual filter highlighting that can combine hundreds of search results for simultaneous display so can "see" range of Greek verbal expression in Greek, English, and Spanish resources with Greek morphological tagging.

Logos wiki => https://wiki.logos.com/Extended_Tips_for_Highlighting_and_Visual_Filters#Examples_of_visual_filters

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2016 11:56 AM

Sue McIntyre:
Do you think this has been changed since the Practicum series was recorded in 2013?

yes

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 2:17 PM

This is a bug. I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 2:07 AM

Peter Venable:

Thank you Peter!

Thank you also MJ and KS4J for your responses and explanations.

I have a lot to learn, and really appreciate the assistance that yourselves (and many others) give on the forums.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 3:39 PM

Sue McIntyre:

Peter Venable:

Thank you Peter!

+1 Yes Thankful for Faithlife forum interaction plus looking forward to bug fix.

Sue McIntyre:
Thank you also MJ and KS4J for your responses and explanations.

I have a lot to learn, and really appreciate the assistance that yourselves (and many others) give on the forums.

+1 Yes Thankful for many friendly forum discussions; have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS