Reverse Interlinear Just Points to Article (Revise: I never knew I could scroll down the menu to get to the new lemma...oops)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:41 PM

I'm sure many are aware but I didn't see a discussion on this point particularly. I often want to right-click on a word to bring up the word study or to see its morphology. However, often when an article is grouped with Greek word, the article is what pops up (this happens on the iPhone tap and hold too, which is the only way to see the Greek Word behind the text). The right-click menu is the way that I generally launch a Bible Word study.

Whenever an article is grouped with a noun, the noun should by default be assumed to the word we intend to have the right-click menu talk about. 

Anybody know a way around this in the meantime, to easily get anaidei in this case to come up on the right-click menu with an option to Bible-Word study or Look Up on it? The Manuscript menu only lets me search my library for the word, and it's not the lemma anyway

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:48 PM

I presume you realise you can scroll that righthand section of the menu to get down to the lemma?

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:05 PM

I'm an idiot. 

Thanks. We can delete this post now.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:06 PM

i have done the same thing!

you should leave it for all the others who will do the same thing.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:07 PM

Smile You look like you're running at very low resolution, or at a very large text size. It's not a problem for the vast majority of users, I would think.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:13 PM

Mark Barnes:
You look like you're running at very low resolution, or at a very large text size.

Clearly a case of poor eyesight only being reinforced by your observation. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 4:05 PM

Mark Barnes:

Smile You look like you're running at very low resolution, or at a very large text size. It's not a problem for the vast majority of users, I would think.

Netbook...that's probably why it hasn't bugged me before. I do most of my studying on my desktop with 2 monitors.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 1
Steven Luethy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:58 PM

Sorry, I do not understand the solution because I can not see any scroll function. - I have Logos 4.3 SR-1 (4.30.0.1553).

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:20 PM

But without the scrollbar, you can see the second block of manuscript, lemma, strongs, LN as well as thing? 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1
Steven Luethy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 10:32 PM

I see the noun and the article of "fox" in the interlinear ribbon. But how can I start the "lemma search" with the greek root form of the word "fox"? - I can not choose between the article and the noun (that is my problem).

Posts 22007
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 12:11 AM

What happens if you  click on the "Lemma ἀλώπηξ" in the right-click menu you are showing?

That should allow you to do the search you want

Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 12:34 AM

Suggestion posted 31 May 2011 => never default to the article.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Steven Luethy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:02 PM

Graham, thanks a lot for your hint! I have not seen, that the right-click menu is divided in different fields (and so there is a section for the article and one for the noun).

Posts 22007
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:52 PM

Hi Stephan - glad it was useful.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS