Scrolling on MAC

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 25 2016 7:53 AM

There is a major issue with Logos 6.11 and the scrolling feature. If you attempt to scroll through larger portions of  texts of a resource, there is delay, the pinwheel shows up, and then it catches up and scrolls. Then when you attempt to scroll again, it does the same thing, every time. I know that some have reported that the scrolling had gotten better, but I have not experienced that "improvement". I have even turned off all of my link sets, and no change. This is pretty frustrating and seems to be a pretty simple operation that Logos needs to fix.  

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 27803
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 8:04 AM

I am not experiencing this. What version of OS X? Logs? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 9:56 AM

alabama24:

I am not experiencing this. What version of OS X? Logs? 

I am not at my computer for the logs, but OS is 10.11.4

Posts 27803
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2016 11:27 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
I am not at my computer for the logs

OK. When you get back to your computer, make sure logging is enabled, replicate the issue, then use the "sample" button in the logging tool. See my signature line. FL or a techie will need to take a look. 

I have seen this behavior, but on my old MacBook Pro, which was in the process of dying. I have not seen it on my new machine (which I bought a month ago).

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 12:52 PM

I got on the phone with Technical Support and the problem "seems" to be the CNNTS. Whenever I have the option to Emphasize selected text it had problems with scrolling properly. But when I take that feature off, it scrolls fine. It is certainly something Logos should look into fixing, there should not be any feature that Logos has available that you should not be able to use. 

Posts 48
GS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 6:35 AM
There is a significant scrolling problem with the latest release of Logos on OSX 10.11.4: the scrolling on the homepage and on resource windows is not smooth and does not correctly dither the lines as one scrolls. This happens in all program scaling but is more noticeable above 100%. This was not an issue for me before the latest update.
Posts 27803
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 7:50 AM

Gregg Shelton:
There is a significant scrolling problem with the latest release of Logos on OSX 10.11.4

I am not experiencing this. Please create a new thread and provide appropriate details (including logs). See link in my signature line.

Posts 16
Donald E. Stidwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 7:59 AM

Agree. In fact, the home page is basically unusable because of this. Scrolling through my prayer lists and checking off prayer requests is as slow as molasses and this only happened on the last update.

Posts 27803
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 9:17 AM

Donald E. Stidwell:

Agree. In fact, the home page is basically unusable because of this. Scrolling through my prayer lists and checking off prayer requests is as slow as molasses and this only happened on the last update.

As I suggested to Greg, please create a new thread, providing appropriate details, including logs (see my signature line). I am not experiencing this issue, but if there is a bug, the developers will need more information. 

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 11:28 AM

Gregg Shelton:
the scrolling on the homepage and on resource windows is not smooth and does not correctly dither the lines as one scrolls. This happens in all program scaling but is more noticeable above 100%.

There is a case submitted for this particular problem. I'll add a reference to this post to the case. 

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 12:40 PM

Thank you, Faithlife, for looking into this. This was the issue I raised over a week ago with the "Funky behavior" thread:  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/125437/817440.aspx#817440

I think everyone assumed it was because I was still using OS 10.9.5. Now it's clear that the Mac OS is not the issue. I'll look forward to the fix.

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 9:49 AM

Gregg Shelton:
There is a significant scrolling problem with the latest release of Logos on OSX 10.11.4: the scrolling on the homepage and on resource windows is not smooth and does not correctly dither the lines as one scrolls. This happens in all program scaling but is more noticeable above 100%. This was not an issue for me before the latest update.

We just released 6.11 SR-2. With it should include a fix for the home page problem you've described here. It should download automatically when you open Logos; otherwise, you can download it manually from www.logos.com/install

Posts 16
Donald E. Stidwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 5:49 PM

It does! Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS