Typos in Loader, W. (2010). Sexuality in the New Testament: Understanding the Key Texts.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 841
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:03 AM

I have been reading the above book/resource and noticed multiple typos/errors, the most frequent being the printing of "and' when "find" is what was meant. E.g., it will say, "We and in Paul's writings...."

I copied a section of the book in MS Word and noted the errors and sent it to tech support at Logos and Faithlife. It's possible these errors are in the print edition. (Another error is several instances of words without spaces in between - e.g., "rock theboat" for "rock the boat.")

Hopefully they will take time to correct these, though I'm not sure what leeway they give themselves if the error is in the print copy or e-copy they got from the publisher.

https://www.logos.com/product/20517/sexuality-in-the-new-testament-understanding-the-key-texts

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 27109
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:08 AM

Eric Weiss:
Hopefully they will take time to correct these, though I'm not sure what leeway they give themselves if the error is in the print copy or e-copy they got from the publisher.

Errors in the original cannot (and should not) be fixed until the publisher makes the change. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:11 PM

alabama24:

Eric Weiss:

Errors in the original cannot (and should not) be fixed until the publisher makes the change. 

but I think it's very unlikely that the errors are in the original (e.g. Amazon look-into search finds 'rock the boat', not 'rock theboat') and thus they should be fixed.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27109
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:24 PM

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 841
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 3:34 PM

The typos in the Logos edition are abysmal - e.g., "and/ands" instead of "end/ends" or "find/finds"; "rejects/rejection/rejecting" instead of "reflects/reflection/reflecting" (this one occurs ~60 times); words not separated; etc. Oy!

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 3:44 PM

Eric,

I feel your pain about the QA in this particular resource.  If you search, you will see that this is also an issue for me in others.  I have used the typo report but after that Nth time you give up.  I suggest an email direct to Bob and allow him to forward to whomever.  FWIW, I have only found this to be helpful on one resource.

Posts 841
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 3:51 PM

Everett Headley:

Eric,

I feel your pain about the QA in this particular resource.  If you search, you will see that this is also an issue for me in others.  I have used the typo report but after that Nth time you give up.  I suggest an email direct to Bob and allow him to forward to whomever.  FWIW, I have only found this to be helpful on one resource.

Is his email Bob.Pritchett@faithlife.com?

Posts 898
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:13 PM

I'll look into this. Thanks.

Posts 841
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:17 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

I'll look into this. Thanks.

Thanks! I already sent an email to the above (my guess) email for Bob Pritchett:

Bob Pritchett:

It was suggested that I contact you directly re: the multitude of errors in this resource (the Look Inside preview at Amazon does not have many of these errors, so the Logos errors could be a result of the scan of the book). Here are my posts and the ensuing discussion at the Forums:   https://community.logos.com/forums/p/125686/820904.aspx
I manually did a "Report Typo" for every one I found. A few of them I noted could be "reflect" rather than "reject" - context made it hard to determine; the others for this error were clearly supposed to be "reflect" and not "reject" as the Logos version has it (and I found in the Amazon preview an instance where the Look Inside has "reflect" while the Logos version incorrectly has "reject"). One of the most frequent errors was printing "and(s)" when it clearly should be "find(s)." Not sure how the Logos version got so many typos.   Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS