Feature Request - Build & Save Service Templates

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
John Pillen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 27 2016 12:03 PM

I'd like to request that Proclaim add the ability to create and save custom templates for a service. For the most part, we use the same order of service almost every Sunday - and there are certain slides for different service elements (i.e. meet and greet, pre-roll announcement slides) that almost never change. Every time we make a new presentation from scratch I have to rebuild all of this over again and it is painful. I find that it can be difficult and just as time consuming to try and modify an old presentation. Anyhow, I thought his might be something to think about and consider building in. Thanks!

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 12:36 PM

Wouldn't it be just as easy to start a new presentation from scratch, but use the reuse items box as in the photo below? In fact, the best solution would be to create a presentation called "Saved Items" or "Service Items" and then save all your most used slides there.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:21 PM

The best recommendation is to utilize "Reuse Items" to pull those items from a template or previous presentation. As Josh observed, creating a template presentation and then duplicating it is another way to create a template.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:35 PM

I am in a series of meetings, so I change the date and then change only those slides that need to be changed, the songs, topic and texts.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 314
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 4:22 PM

I have a "skeleton" presentation that contains all the slides that I consistently use over a month. Some are used every week, others twice a month and others only once, but I find that it is much easier to duplicate this presentation and delete the slides I don't need (by deleting more than one at a time) than it is to remember which slides to add, find and re-use them one slide at a time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS