Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 28 2016 6:07 PM
  1. Wouldn't it be nice if Faithlife via Logos users establish book swaps? I have the Anchor Bible Dictionary (6 vols) hard copy. They are in very good condition. I would be willing to exchange it for the Logos Digital set. Users would love this service if adopted.  
  2. Faith Life would be able to collect thousands of hard copies in short order. They can use the trade-ins or swaps to build the largest Religious Library in the world as a backup. You never know what will happen in these last days.
  3. Some may see this as going backward, but be not dismayed, there is another use of the large volume of collected books. They can donate the books to replace worn copies in seminaries and libraries around the world. Small schools or colleges that can't afford Logos Bible Software at this time, but promised to do so in the future a guideline that could be used.
  4. Or lastly, Bob can make an agreement with libraries in the area of Logos users to donate the books (good condition) to the needed libraries. They will issue a receipt to Faithlife to authorize them to reimburse the Logo user who made the donation.
  5. What's in it for Faith Life?
    • Give back to the communities of Logos users around the world.
    • Gather new Logos users.
    • Free advertisement (since so many sales people were laid off recently).
    • Additional goodwill for the company, too much could never hurt.
    • If not currently receiving a tax write-off and need one, hey, go for it (bases on your USA Laws).

Bob is a businessman.  Sometimes, you have to give to get. CM

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 6:39 PM

I would go along with this program if the book credits were $1 for a paperback and $3 for a hardback. No more.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 7:32 PM

Matthew C Jones:

I would go along with this program if the book credits were $1 for a paperback and $3 for a hardback. No more.

Why? Shouldn't it depend on the value of the books? At that rate, the shipping would cost more than the credit, I would think.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 7:36 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Matthew C Jones:

Why? Shouldn't it depend on the value of the books? At that rate, the shipping would cost more than the credit, I would think.

What value would those books have for Logos?  I don't see this idea as doing anything to promote Logos' mission to supply electronic tagged books for the market.  If you have some books you no longer want, I suggest you advertise them on Ebay.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 8:45 PM

George Somsel:
What value would those books have for Logos?  I don't see this idea as doing anything to promote Logos' mission to supply electronic tagged books for the market.  If you have some books you no longer want, I suggest you advertise them on Ebay.

George, 

Please re-read the post, especially, point # 5.   With a close reading of the post above, one will see that shipping doesn't have to be a problem, based on what Logos wants to do in adopting the proposal.  CM

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS