From Vyrso to Logos: A Prayer Warrior's Guide to Spiritual Battle

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 29 2016 6:49 PM

Sometime last year or in 2014 (can't bother to check exactly when) I bought A Prayer Warrior's Guide ... as part of a Lexham bundle over at Logos.com, though the book itself was a Vyrso resource. Apparently it's now been changed to a Logos resource. I'd read some posts here that implied, at least to my understanding, that when this is done you get to keep both resources, but that wasn't the case here. The Vyrso resource has been removed and replaced with the Logos resource. When I click on the resource link (stored in my Calibre library for that book), I get the image on the right; the image on the left is the book as a Logos resource:

This is not a complaint and I'm thankful the book is now a Logos resource but I'm curious what would happen if I'd had a Note file attached to the Vyrso version???

I'm especially concerned about this as I have another Vyrso resource that is on track to turn into a Logos resource. If Faithlife continue their goodwill in that regard, I'll most likely get the Logos version free (thank you! Smile). But I have extensive highlights and notes attached to the Vyrso version - what will happen to all that if they just delete the Vyrso resource and replace it with a Logos version?

Posts 109
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 8:51 PM

I have the book which I originally got from Vyrso and I believe it was a free one which was offered around the time of National Day of Prayer in 2012. Apparently it has indeed become a Logos resource now. I have 2 notes attached to this resource. I find the notes are still in my note file but the note link in the note window is titled ' Unvailable Resource ' rather than the book title.  I can still access the book and read it but if I click on that link it won't direct me to the attached note in the book. It looks like I may have to find those notes manually, delete them and replace them with new notes. This won't be a problem but I wonder how many other resources I have in my library with the same problem. Logos needs to notify their customers when they make this switch or fix it with a resource update.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS