Current Note Enhancements Wishlist (Collated from forums)

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:39 AM | Locked

DominicM:
31 is a repeat on 14
I disagree. 

There's a big difference between saying, "Go over there and look at this, here's the link." and "here it is!" 

Of course I view hyperlinks as links to anywhere and attachments as one step closer to embedding.  To which I would add my desire to embed such items.  :-)  Up the ante.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:49 AM | Locked

Not sure if this fits into this conversation, but notes up and running in, and syncing with my logos iPhone app would be extremely useful to me, as well...especially if the other enhancements happen.

Posts 748
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 6:52 AM | Locked

When attaching a note to a word (or phrase) in any Bible with a lemma layer (Greek, Hebrew, Interlinear, Reverse Interlinear), attach the note to the lemma of that word (or first word of a phrase) so the note is available in the same verse and word in other Bibles that also have the lemma layer.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:34 AM | Locked

DominicM:

29 seems pointless - just add your note to main note body at end of text..
31 is a repeat on 14

27 is alread in Beta12 with ecxeption of Underline and multiple list formats, bullet and numbered are included

Hi Dominic,

I went ahead an made some edits to the list, combining like requests.

DominicM:
30 cant see that happening, would need another layer on the UI, and there are better progs out there that already do it..

I can see what your are saying, and it goes along with Logos' philosophy of not wanting to "rebuild the wheel" so-to-speak. But there are many users (like me) who would love to see L4 as a "one stop" go-to tool, that doesn't require the use of another program to accomplish goals.

DominicM:
are you able to delete the old list revisions?  it might help reducing duplicate requests

Like Rosie said, no. The main reason that I'm adding the requests to the list goes along with your original purpose for this post. For the last 5 months when ever there has been a post about desired features for notes, it becomes so long that it makes it hard (for me anyway) to remember all the requests. I figured with a updated list at the end of the post, it would help those who view it get a quick idea of requests so far.

Thanks for starting something good! Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:34 AM | Locked

Dominic's list updated (6th ed.):

1. Notes by reference to include a span of verse  [Believed Fixed in Beta 12]
  2. Table of contents
  3. Collapsable Notes (Implied in B12 by new button)
  4. Sortable notes {alphabetical, bible order and created date}
  5. Allow default color to be set for a note file
  6. Remove blank space between notes if a note's content is blank
  7. Ability to drag the highlight to the "Add Note" label on a note window to add a note
  8. Ability to add in images
  9. Text formatting [color]
  10. Text formatting [highlighting]
  11. Conformation prompt before deleting
  12. Button to remove all formatting in note
  13. Button to automatically add hyperlinks to bible reference
  14. Ability to hyperlink to non-bible resources within L4, as well as attach and/or embed files (any file) to notes (e.g. mp3 of a related sermon / PowerPoint for sermon / Openoffice doc etc)
    • Also preserving such links when importing in from L3
  15. Borders on table formatting (when pasted) and the ability to make tables in notes
  16. Exporting Notes to Word, OneNote, Powerpoint, MindManage, etc...
  17. Spell checker
  18. Printing of notes
  19. A dual-pane view - headers in the left panel and contents in the right.
  20. Add the Underline button to go with the Bold and Italic buttons on the formatting toolbar.
  21. Include indenting on the Table of Contents to indicate outline hierarchy (like L3) with twisties to expand or compress the list sections like the TOC on resources.
  22. include the color selected for the note in the Table of Contents (like L3).
  23. Choice of including notes when exporting or printing a Bible passage with a note attached (or for that matter, notes attached to any resource).
    • Option to embed notes in output (indented right after the verse/text the note is attached to) or as a footnote at the bottom of the output.
  24. Choice of including the Bible text (preferred Bible) when exporting or printing a note attached to a Bible passage (or for that matter, whatever text the note is attached to from any resource).
    • Same option to embed or footnote associated text with notes output.
  25. Preserve formatting when cut/copy/paste
  26. hyperlinks between notes
  27. basic formatting, bullets / variety of number formats for lists [partially addressed in Beta12]
  28. Markers (little symbols similar to emoticons)
  29. Ability to make notes / comments on notes
    • Collapsible footnotes, that "pop-up" when hovered over would work great for this
  30. "scribble tool"
  31. Import / Export of (X)HTML
  32. When attaching a note to a word (or phrase) in any Bible with a lemma layer (Greek, Hebrew, Interlinear, Reverse Interlinear), attach the note to the lemma of that word (or first word of a phrase) so the note is available in the same verse and word in other Bibles that also have the lemma layer.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 10:44 AM | Locked

Any word from Logos whether this list of features represents pipe dreams or possible reality at some point?  For me, note-taking is the primary activity I perform as I read and study and notes are the primary output of my labours.  I would guess that this is the case for many (if not most) others too. Thus, anything that improves Logos' ability to capture and manage notes can only be good for the product long-term.

Might a Logos heavyweight (Bob, perhaps?) comment on this wishlist?

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 11:34 AM | Locked
  1. Notes by reference to include a span of verse  [Believed Fixed in Beta 12]
  2. Table of contents
  3. Collapsable Notes (Implied in B12 by new button)
  4. Sortable notes {alphabetical, bible order and created date}
  5. Allow default color to be set for a note file
  6. Remove blank space between notes if a note's content is blank
  7. Ability to drag the highlight to the "Add Note" label on a note window to add a note
  8. Ability to add in images
  9. Text formatting [color]
  10. Text formatting [highlighting]
  11. Conformation prompt before deleting
  12. Button to remove all formatting in note
  13. Button to automatically add hyperlinks to bible reference
  14. Ability to hyperlink to non-bible resources within L4, as well as attach and/or embed files (any file) to notes (e.g. mp3 of a related sermon / PowerPoint for sermon / Openoffice doc etc)
    • Also preserving such links when importing in from L3
  15. Borders on table formatting (when pasted) and the ability to make tables in notes
  16. Exporting Notes to Word, OneNote, Powerpoint, MindManage, etc...
  17. Spell checker
  18. Printing of notes
  19. A dual-pane view - headers in the left panel and contents in the right.
  20. Add the Underline button to go with the Bold and Italic buttons on the formatting toolbar.
  21. Include indenting on the Table of Contents to indicate outline hierarchy (like L3) with twisties to expand or compress the list sections like the TOC on resources.
  22. include the color selected for the note in the Table of Contents (like L3).
  23. Choice of including notes when exporting or printing a Bible passage with a note attached (or for that matter, notes attached to any resource).
    • Option to embed notes in output (indented right after the verse/text the note is attached to) or as a footnote at the bottom of the output.
  24. Choice of including the Bible text (preferred Bible) when exporting or printing a note attached to a Bible passage (or for that matter, whatever text the note is attached to from any resource).
    • Same option to embed or footnote associated text with notes output.
  25. Preserve formatting when cut/copy/paste
  26. hyperlinks between notes
  27. basic formatting, bullets / variety of number formats for lists [partially addressed in Beta12]
  28. Markers (little symbols similar to emoticons)
  29. Ability to make notes / comments on notes
    • Collapsible footnotes, that "pop-up" when hovered over would work great for this
  30. "scribble tool"
  31. Import / Export of (X)HTML
  32. When attaching a note to a word (or phrase) in any Bible with a lemma layer (Greek, Hebrew, Interlinear, Reverse Interlinear), attach the note to the lemma of that word (or first word of a phrase) so the note is available in the same verse and word in other Bibles that also have the lemma layer.
  33. Large fries and a coke
Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 11:52 AM | Locked

Pat Flanakin:
Large fries and a coke

We only have the food that satisfies, and doesnt leave you hungering for more, I suggest you try BurgerKing or McDonalds...

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 11:57 AM | Locked

I think a good place to keep this list would be http://wiki.logos.com/Feature_Wishlist . I would recommend starting a new section just for notes, then filter any duplicates out of the other list.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 12:43 PM | Locked

added to wiki page above, please add anything else to there

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:07 PM | Locked

Darren Paul Wright:
I think a good place to keep this list would be http://wiki.logos.com/Feature_Wishlist .

Why not use logos.uservoice.com instead, then we can see how the user base as a whole feels about these.

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:31 PM | Locked

if you want to - be my guest - but is it "officially endorsed"? cos if its not its almost meaningless

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:01 PM | Locked

DominicM:

if you want to - be my guest - but is it "officially endorsed"? cos if its not its almost meaningless

Yes, it is "officially endorsed" -- it was announced here on the forum by Bob Pritchett himself. It's experimental so far, but they'll definitely be paying attention to it:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/12621.aspx

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:04 PM | Locked

excellent - only 10 votes :( and 30 on our list so far...

Posts 26261
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 5:05 PM | Locked

DominicM:
if you want to - be my guest - but is it "officially endorsed"?

I would think that when Bob P. announces it as an experiment it is officially endorsed. I think that the initial results may not be super-helpful because some of the features requested have already been committed to. And it will take a bit of time for people to learn how to word requests effectively. But when I look at how the requests and priorities are sorting out, I am encouraged that it will become representative and useful.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:18 PM | Locked

Ability to use highlighting styles to indicate selection note in resource. (ability was available in L3)

Posts 2691
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:25 AM | Locked

I  agree, I had missed BobP's announcement thread tho..

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS