Logos Talk - best Bible Version

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 5 2016 6:30 AM

I have not commented on a Logos Talk article before, but I wanted to respond to this one. I really enjoyed it. But I think I am doing something wrong. 

Yesterday I posted and an hour later tried again, but my response did not appear. Today, I posted again because I think I was not using my traditional e-mail and that might have been my problem.  

If my response is not posting, is it because they have to be individually approved, or because I am doing something wrong?

Best,

Gregorio

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:49 PM

Could it be too long? Can anybody help?

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:59 PM

Length could conceivably be an issue. I doubt that your chosen email address is.  

The real reason is perhaps only known to whomever is moderating the blog.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 1:03 PM

Ah, OK. Thanks so much. 

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 2:36 PM

TCBlack:

The real reason is perhaps only known to whomever is moderating the blog.  

I don't think anybody is! I posted a comment on an article around a month ago which still hasn't appeared, and frankly I'm not expecting it to. When it comes to matters of blogs and social media Logos leave a lot to be desired.

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 3:45 PM

I would love to know if my comments were rejected (which is suppose is OK as that is why moderators exist) or if it was just bad luck or I did something wrong in trying to post. Any chance we could find out? Smile

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 4:13 AM

It's probably just that the whole discussion is moot. Everyone knows the original KJV is the ONLY version we can trust. Right?

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:37 AM

Gregorio, I'm the author of that post, and I never saw your comment. So I did some checking. It got caught in our spam filter. In fact, I now see all three comments. I'm guessing it's the odd URL attached to it that caused our automated filter to send it to spam: isaiah.awardspace.biz. I clicked the link, and I can see that it's a real site. But the URL makes it seem like it isn't.

I do moderate comments, but I reject probably one out of every 200—and only for being abusive. I'll go read your comments and let you know if you made the cut! =) Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for letting us know. Next time I suggest you not use the URL.

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:38 AM

Oh, and you included several URLs within your comment. That's something spam filters will flag, too.

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:39 AM

Oops—there was a spam comment by someone calling himself "Gregorio" that had multiple URLs inside it; that wasn't yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 28468
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:58 AM

Mark L. Ward, Jr.:

Oops—there was a spam comment by someone calling himself "Gregorio" that had multiple URLs inside it; that wasn't yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Gregorio Billikopf:
Today, I posted again because I think I was not using my traditional e-mail and that might have been my problem.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2595
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2016 12:13 AM

Mark L. Ward, Jr.:

That URL just cries out "I am spam".

My humble suggestion: If anyone is ever supposed to read the article, better move it to a proper location.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS