Bad News for Those Who Purchased the Calvin 500 Upgrade

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 7:35 PM

Bill Moore:
That is insufficient, IMO. When that question was posed to Phil, there should have been a clarifying note added to the upgrade page. If someone did not receive email notices and did not check the blogs, he would never have realized there was an issue. I could be missing something, but there is at least a lack of information which should be cleared up in the customer's favor.

I think you have a point here Bill, unless a customer was regularly reading the forum and the blogs they would have had no idea that their Galaxie commentary would not qualify. My guess is that the average user does not even know how to get the publisher information in L3 or L4.

Logos needs to learn that it is not sufficient to depend on people reading the forum, wiki and blog for product information. The first weeks of L4s launch were such a disaster because the beta was secret and the product page did not give users any idea that they faced 30 hour downloads and 6 to 12 hour indexing. It is almost impossible to overcommunicate when it come to things like this.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 7:23 AM

Rosie Perera:

I had the AGES versions, and only some of them have been updated to new (Logos 2009) versions for me. And I still have the originals.

Rosie,

You have all the new volumes of Calvin's commentary. There are 45 print volumes, but only 19 resources. If you look at the Calvin 500 page, you'll see that several of Calvin's commentaries are multi-volume commentaries (e.g. Genesis is 2 volumes, Psalms is 5 volumes). In Logos Genesis is one resource, as is Psalms, etc.

Mark

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:56 PM

I sure hope they do make this right on Monday.  I just got my upgrade tonight and it looks like I got everyhing EXCEPT the Commentary upgrade.  I do have the previous version of the AGES commentaries...but nothing as far as those newly revised upgrades I was expecting.  Bummer! 

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 11:12 PM

Same thing, Lloyd. I have the AGES commentaires, but all I received with the upgrade in L4 was the volume by Haroutunian. None of the new commentaries (like in Rosie's post).

I tried running the update script for L3, from my order page at Logos, and it doesn't pick up anything, not even Haroutunian, for L3. Looks like a busy Monday for our colleagues in Washington.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:21 AM

I am glad to report back, as a purchaser of the Calvin 500 Upgrade, that it did include both the new monographs and the upgrades to the commentaries, and Haroutunian. I had the AGES set of commentaries before (that's key; I don't know if this applies to people who had the Galaxie set). Now that Calvin 500 has finally downloaded for me, I have the new commentary volumes (which arrived in a download on Friday) and all the other stuff described in the Calvin 500 set (which arrived Sunday night or wee hours of the morning Monday). For all you still waiting, it's significant that it came as two separate downloads at least a day apart. But it didn't require waiting until Monday business hours for Logos people to be back in the office and run my credit card through, as I thought it might. Maybe there was a server running people's credit cards through all weekend, and with the wait time it takes (a few minutes sometimes) for each transaction, and lots of people having ordered it, it simply couldn't happen instantaneously for everyone.

Anyway, for anyone who had the AGES commentaries and ordered the Calvin 500 Upgrade, you should get the whole megillah eventually, and if you don't, call Logos Customer Service and they will make it right for you. They are known for that.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:44 AM

My experience is exactly the same as Rosie's. The 19 new commentaries on Friday, everything else when I woke up on Monday morning.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:46 AM

I am unhappy to report that I just did the Update Now command and the response is No Updates Available. I do have the Ages version BTW.

This sure looks like a wide spread and major miss up on Logos' part. I have a funeral to do this morning and don't have time to call Customer Support until this afternoon. Hopefull someone from Logos will read this and realized what a wide spread problem this is and we all don't have to call individually. Customer Support lines are tied up enough as it is.

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:02 AM

Keith Larson:

I am unhappy to report that I just did the Update Now command and the response is No Updates Available. I do have the Ages version BTW.

This sure looks like a wide spread and major miss up on Logos' part. I have a funeral to do this morning and don't have time to call Customer Support until this afternoon. Hopefull someone from Logos will read this and realized what a wide spread problem this is and we all don't have to call individually. Customer Support lines are tied up enough as it is.

Keith, I never got an email notice about the updated commentaries. They were just silently available for me on Friday with no announcement. The email notice which you received is identical to the one I got for the other Calvin 500 resources. So you are still owed the commentary upgrade. It sounds like they haven't yet been unlocked for you if they're not showing up in L3 either. So either (1) they will come automatically soon, or (2) Logos CS will realize there was a problem and some people didn't get it who were supposed to and they'll fix it for you all at once, or (3) you'll need to call Logos CS yourself about it. Here's praying it turns out to be option #1 or #2 for your sake.

Posts 273
Ken Avery | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:26 AM

Keith,

If it makes you feel any better I am just getting mine right now; I had to restart Logo4 (icon tray message), it is indexing right now.

I have not tried the Logos3 uppdate yet.

You will get it one way or another Wink

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:27 AM

Well, I'm hopeful thanks to many of the responses regarding TWO separate downloads.  I'm rememering the blog entry, "10 Reasons I Love Working at Logos" and I'm thinking that today might be one of those exceptions.  I'm patient so I won't be calling them until a few days pass with no updates.  It would seem to me the weekend release wasn't such a good idea.  For all the forum entrys about this, and assuming someone at Logos keeps up on this, it will take at least a day just read up on all the problems.  But the Logos I know will stand behind all of this--just maybe not in the timeframe that some may expect. 

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:15 AM

The product page for the commentaries upgrade does now specify the Ages edition as qualifying. Is this an amendment, or have I just missed it before now?

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 11:16 AM

Nick,

Unfortunately Logos did not put this on their web page. The information appeared in answer to a question on the Blog. I think you can fault Logos on this one and contact them directly to see what they will do.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:04 PM

After almost one hour with 2nd level tech support the issue has been solved. However, this is something only CS can correct, nothing we can do from our end, so you are going to have to call. The individual I was working with is going to communicate the solution to the rest of the team so you might want to wait just a bit before you call.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS