New Methodist & Wesleyan Base Packages now available!

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 864
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 10 2016 11:49 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/80194/methodist-and-wesleyan-gold

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 12:51 PM

Time to celebrate!

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 1:23 PM

10% coupon does not work on this new base package..  Can this be looked into?

This is the coupon found in Bible Study Mag.  Thanks

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 2:05 PM

I believe that coupon code is good for only Logos6 base packages not the denominational packages. 

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 3:13 PM

I got it to work on denominational packages also.. I suspect since the M/W packages are too new to be in the valid SKU listing.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 6:42 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

Very good to see.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 7:22 PM

Insta-buy!

AnotherEmbarrassed

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 10:04 PM

I'm curious why they did not wait for Logos 7. Will a new version of this base package be offered for Logos 7? Paying now for this package doesn't provide any of the new features of Logos 7. 

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 1:21 AM

Travis Walter:

I got it to work on denominational packages also.. I suspect since the M/W packages are too new to be in the valid SKU listing.

An additional problem is that topical bundles are not being discounted when this new Base package is added. You're supposed to get a 15% discount on Bundles with a base package.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 3:39 AM

Into Grace:

I'm curious why they did not wait for Logos 7. Will a new version of this base package be offered for Logos 7? Paying now for this package doesn't provide any of the new features of Logos 7. 

i see no issue with them releasing now. Denominational base packages have been released before out of sync with major software releases. Come Logos 7 whether they will adjust the resources In these packages I don't know the answer. Maybe, maybe not, and maybe a platinum level package will be added at the time of Logos 7. If you buy one of these now and they don't change the resources then you should only pay for the Logos 7 features.

From a business virwpoint  it makes perfect sense to release now. There's nothing like a new base package release to generate cash flow. They may have determined this time of year sales are slower and so strategically determined to release now to get sales moving.

And then there are those who have been waiting for this base package for some time. Why make then wait any longer?

Posts 3047
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 5:56 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
They may have determined this time of year sales are slower and so strategically determined to release now to get sales moving.

The base packages may also finally be ready now, so they released them now.

Posts 268
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 6:46 AM

I just received the 15% topical bundle discount by phone related to this purchase  Smile

Posts 864
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 9:40 AM

Mark Barnes:

Travis Walter:

An additional problem is that topical bundles are not being discounted when this new Base package is added. You're supposed to get a 15% discount on Bundles with a base package.

We're working to fix these two issues. I'll let you know when we've succeeded.

Thanks!

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 9:45 AM

If you're trying to use the BSM coupon code, It should be active now. I've added M/W base packages and tested them. Please let us know if the problem persists.

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 2:10 PM

Now I only need to wait till my copy of BSM arrives so i can get the code. Hopefully it turns up this month. A digital subscription is badly needed for this product. It takes way too long to reach international customers. It's an absolute joke and symptomatic to of the poor attitude this company has to providing real customer service that they continue to refuse to offer digital subscriptions because to the magazine is one big print advertisement that we pay - and get it late.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 2:31 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Now I only need to wait till my copy of BSM arrives so i can get the code.

Maybe Matthew Miller can slip you the code privately through email.

As for the rest of your post; I agree.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3047
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 3:52 AM

Ben Amundgaard:

Mark Barnes:

Travis Walter:

We're working to fix these two issues. I'll let you know when we've succeeded.

I'm also waiting for the base package comparison tool to work with M/W packages. I'm sure you're working on that as well. Smile

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 9:37 AM

"Another" issue that needs to be addressed soon is the Base packages upgrade option:

If I use the route Store> (Base Packages) Upgrade, I get to page Logos 6>Base Packages >Get 6  which recommends for me SDA Platinum. 
If I go to the "Select a Base Package Family" option and click the down arrow, the drop down shows me that there is now a 
"Logos 6 Methodist and Wesleyan" option BUT if I click on that, while the page refreshes, it still shows me the SDA Platinum option even though the URL is now  https://www.logos.com/get-6/Methodist 

Confused

Posts 864
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 10:27 AM

SineNomine:
I'm also waiting for the base package comparison tool to work with M/W packages. I'm sure you're working on that as well. Smile

Do you mean on /compare?

Posts 3047
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 11:01 AM

Ben Amundgaard:

SineNomine:

Do you mean on /compare?

Yes.

Edit: At present, the tool works, but the M&W packages are listed as though they were W&M packages, and the compare link (result given above) on the M&W pages is broken.

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS