Logos icon has disappeared from Win 7 programs menu & taskbar

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 10 2016 3:30 PM

Recently did a system restore to return to a previous point, everything works well but the Logos icon has been replaced by a generic system icon.  This is the case under the programs menu, as well as on the taskbar.  Have tried unpinning and repining when Logos is running, which restores the proper icon, until the program is closed.  Then the generic icon reappears.  Any ideas?

Darcy

Posts 1
mariamMays | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:04 AM

Hi Darcy, I never have the problem as you described. The only reasonable factor that I can come up with is the ico is not a genuine icon. Or your system doesn't support ico picture. 

My advise is that you can begin with turning them in other formats with some tool, like photo signature maker. Then upload the output pictures to your system to see if it's worked. 

Sigh..

Posts 255
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:12 AM

Try Right Clicking on the icon > choose Properties > Select the Shortcut Tab > Click on the Change Icon Button.
Choose the Correct icon and click Ok.

Note. You 'May' need to browse to the logos.exe file to access the internal icons.

You "Should" Be able to change to one of the internal icons from there. See if that helps.

Posts 257
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:24 AM

It happens to me every month or two!  I have tried to manually select my own Logo downloaded from Logos.  Another approach was re-creating a desktop shortcut then pinning the shortcut to the taskbar.  It is a bit frustrating that the Logos icons are unstable.

You aren't the only one!

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 25652
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 4:28 AM

Darcy S. Van Horn:
Have tried unpinning and repining when Logos is running,

This normally restores the proper icon permanently.

Try fix #1 and fix #2 on this web page. You can start Logos from Logos.exe in the Logos folder in C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local, which should also provide a desktop icon

NB right click Logos.exe and look for "Pin to taskbar" (this may not exist for Win 7).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS