About changing 'chap:verse' and footnotes with Pages

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
MajorCedar | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:09 PM

Logos 14 looks great; good job!  Continue to be excited about future updates.  Two questions:

First, after I have done a search on a passage - say Genesis 1:1 - and the results have been posted with Bible, Commentary, etc., open, I am unable to change the 'chap:verse' either in the Bible or Commentary unless a float the panel.  Am I doing something wrong or is it just the 'way' it is?  If the latter, will that be changed in future releases?

Second, I like to use Pages when I can.  However, when I cut/paste into Pages, the footnotes do not paste with whatever text I'm dealing with (whether Bible, commentary, etc.).  With Word, however, the footnote pops into place?  Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance and blessings!

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:21 PM

As far as I know, the footnote automation is Word specific (it may work with Open Office), but I think it's a Word specific feature.  Whether they can (will) implement a Pages function will depend on whether or not Pages has the same kind of cross application functions.

I like to use Zotero for bibliographic management, and that can't work with Pages either. So it may be more of an issue as to how robust Pages is for this kind of thing.

Posts 10729
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:20 AM

MajorCedar:
Second, I like to use Pages when I can.  However, when I cut/paste into Pages, the footnotes do not paste with whatever text I'm dealing with (whether Bible, commentary, etc.).  With Word, however, the footnote pops into place?  Can anyone help me with this issue?

This was discussed in another thread, but I don't remember which one. If my memory is correct, I believe the problem is with Pages, not with Logos. Footnotes do paste correctly into Mellel. 

Posts 2
Dan Gilpin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:42 AM

You could paste into TextEdit first, to capture all your passages with footnotes. Then re-copy them into pages from TextEdit either by selecting and dragging each passage with footnote to Pages, or by copying a whole set of passages at once.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS