Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 12:51 PM

It appears that this has been updated only up to 6.9 which I believe is only partially covered. I know that there are not any new functions that are totally different ... but documentation of the searches and filters is important and this seems to be a longer stretch between updates than implied by the catalog page:

The Logos Now Training Manual is a one-time purchase of this material, but shortly after each release of Logos Now 6, this digital manual will automatically be updated in your Library. You’ll have up-to-date instructions of how to get the most out of the new tools. The automatic updates of this manual will continue until the next major version of Logos officially releases.

Last update: Feb 1

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 2:32 PM

I never purchased this because I knew they would not keep up with the claim of updating it shortly after each release.

The manual should be included in the Logos Now subscription price and not be an additional charge to subscribers.

MJ. Smith:

It appears that this has been updated only up to 6.9 which I believe is only partially covered. I know that there are not any new functions that are totally different ... but documentation of the searches and filters is important and this seems to be a longer stretch between updates than implied by the catalog page:

The Logos Now Training Manual is a one-time purchase of this material, but shortly after each release of Logos Now 6, this digital manual will automatically be updated in your Library. You’ll have up-to-date instructions of how to get the most out of the new tools. The automatic updates of this manual will continue until the next major version of Logos officially releases.

Last update: Feb 1

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 3:04 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
I never purchased this because I knew they would not keep up with the claim of updating it shortly after each release.

Ah, for what else do you use your gift of prophesy? (Note you said "knew" rather than "thought", "suspected" ... which would not have implied fore-knowledge. Stick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:58 PM

Yes

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 10:04 AM

The manual should be included in the Logos Now subscription price and not be an additional charge to subscribers.

Doc, 

Faithlife does provide training at no charge. Every major new feature in Logos Now gets a video tutorial at https://www.logos.com/logos-pro#logos-now-training. In addition, every single feature also has a dedicated forum thread (indexed here) with an explanation of the tool and discussion of user questions. If you have ideas on how we can improve our free training, we would love to hear your feedback at logospro@faithlife.com.

MJ. Smith:

It appears that this has been updated only up to 6.9 which I believe is only partially covered. 

MJ, 

That appears to be correct. This manual is written and owned by Morris Proctor (who is not a Faithlife employee). If you would like information on when to expect the next content update for his manual, you may contact him directly at info@mpeminars.com

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 2807
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 10:29 AM

For anyone reading who is interested and/or confused, here is a link to the Logos Now Training Manual.

Posts 871
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:00 AM

Adam Borries (Logos Pro):

MJ, 

That appears to be correct. This manual is written and owned by Morris Proctor (who is not a Faithlife employee). If you would like information on when to expect the next content update for his manual, you may contact him directly at info@mpeminars.com

When Logos advertises things like this on its website, it is poor practice/character (and not usual for Faithlife) to try and pass the buck. Logos.com says that the updates will be released shortly after each update, with no indication that this is any less than a marketing promise by the company. Faithlife should stand behind that and ensure it takes place or pull the product if the author refuses.

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:38 PM

Faithlife does provide training at no charge

Adam, I agree with you and disagree with "doc" regarding including the manual in the subscription.

This manual is written and owned by Morris Proctor

I am aware of this. However, when I purchase through Faithlife, I expect the product to meet the commitment implied on the Faithlife page ... I don't expect to have to address the author myself. I suspect that it is partially because of the nature of the last releases but ...

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 1:52 PM

If you would like information on when to expect the next content update for his manual, you may contact him directly at info@mpeminars.com

I did so and received a response indicating that the problem is on the Faithlife side. If Faithlife had followed up with MPSeminars itself, there wouldn't be "egg on its face" right now. And I wouldn't be thinking phrases like "organizational skills", "corporate responsibility", "quality assurance" ...

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:11 PM

We're looking into this further.

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:14 PM

Thanks.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:22 PM

No special gift required, they have a proven track record of not keeping up with training documentation. It's the one of the things you can count on with this company.

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:25 PM

No special gift required, they have a proven track record of not keeping up with training documentation. It's the one of the things you can count on with this company.

Are you referring to Morris Proctor or Faithlife? I'd agree with one but not the other.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:28 PM

Faithlife does provide training at no charge. Every major new feature in Logos Now gets a video tutorial at https://www.logos.com/logos-pro#logos-now-training. In addition, every single feature also has a dedicated forum thread (indexed here) with an explanation of the tool and discussion of user questions. If you have ideas on how we can improve our free training, we would love to hear your feedback at logospro@faithlife.com.

Adam I agree Logos is doing a very good job in this particular aspect of training support. Manuals are another thing entirely.

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 3:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

I did so and received a response indicating that the problem is on the Faithlife side. If Faithlife had followed up with MPSeminars itself, there wouldn't be "egg on its face" right now.

*wipes egg off face* 

I have to apologize. First of all, MJ, you are right: It shouldn't be your responsibility to contact the author. I made an initial, internal inquiry this morning, but ought to have been more thorough. I'm sorry.

Faithlife has received the updated files from Morris, but they were never passed to the team responsible for updating resources. We are changing our process to make sure this doesn't happen again, and working on getting the update out as soon as we can. We don't have an ETA yet, but we are making it a top priority.

We're sorry to everyone for not catching this sooner. 

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 3:03 PM

Apology accepted ... and I have a cat quite willing to help with the eggBig Smile

Enjoy your weekend.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 3:09 PM

FL

Posts 2807
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 12:38 PM

Faithlife has received the updated files from Morris, but they were never passed to the team responsible for updating resources. We are changing our process to make sure this doesn't happen again, and working on getting the update out as soon as we can. We don't have an ETA yet, but we are making it a top priority.

The bold part plus admitting to the rest of it is one of the reasons why I like Faithlife. Smile

Posts 22
Paul Lehr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:33 PM

It looks like an update to this training manual came in with the 6.12 software update on my computer adding 6 more sections (26-31) to this training manual. I only purchased it last month so I have only gone through section 5 anyway. More to learn....

Posts 25823
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:55 PM

excellent

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS