Got a free offer today from Logos Now

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1085
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 11:13 PM

It was the T&T Clark Studies in Biblical Theology and Theological Interpretation 4 vols.

I am thankful to Logos/FL but this is a resource that I already had in my Library form my Logos 6 upgrade.

It is not very useful to get a-emal offering me a free gift resource in appreciation that is already in my library.

Sad

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 137
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:06 AM

Lee:

It was the T&T Clark Studies in Biblical Theology and Theological Interpretation 4 vols.

I am thankful to Logos/FL but this is a resource that I already had in my Library form my Logos 6 upgrade.

It is not very useful to get a-emal offering me a free gift resource in appreciation that is already in my library.

Sad

I'm in the same situation... Smile

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 1:30 AM

This is a scenario that happens often and it can leave customers who have bought much feeling that they don't get as many freebies. Of course it is not an entitlement, and we should be grateful for what we have and receive. Neverthless, it could be nice to have a pick 1 out 3 approach (like they did with the global challenge where one could pick 1 out of 6). 

Posts 2978
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:21 AM

I got it to...and I don't have it soo feels like Christmast today :-)

Posts 5459
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:45 AM

As a Logos Now subscriber I am yet to receive the offer but like you I already own this set so in the end the fact I haven't been made the offer is no loss to me but what this does highlight is that not all Logos Now subscriptions are equal some will benefit more than others. If you have been a purchaser of resources you will find you are often rewarded for that behaviour by missing out on free book offers because you already own them.  It happens to me regularly with Free Book of the month and I also receive emails offering me a great discount on a resource I already own. If fact this year I have received an offer for a discount on the same book, which I own at least twice, quite possibly three times.  It will be interesting to see if this offer from Logos Now actually turns up.  I have had issue in the past of not getting emails sent to Logos Now subscribers.

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 4:47 AM

Sascha John:

I got it to...and I don't have it soo feels like Christmast today :-)

I didn't have it already, and it was a pleasant surprise. Smile

Thanks FL.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 5:31 AM

I already owned it, but was thankful all the same.

Posts 4123
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 6:15 AM

I for one am definitely grateful for this.  I am a "younger" logos user so my library isn't as big as most but a free book here and there is always nice.  I'm guessing they are extending this to all LN users as I saw on their homepage if you subscribe to LN you get these free resources so they didn't want to leave out their current followers which is a very nice gesture of theirs.  I can't tell you how many times I signed up for something like a BSM renewal and then the next month I see an offer for get this free resource if you buy/renew.  Usually I'm out of luck in those scenarios but this time I luck out.

Posts 529
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 9:25 AM

I have LN but never received this offer...  I hope it comes soon...

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 9:27 AM

Rodney Phillips:

I have LN but never received this offer...  I hope it comes soon...

Have you got e-mail alerts for Logos Now switched on - I had to manually switch it on after I subscribed and only found out because i missed a few things. 

Posts 2953
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 9:37 AM

Lee:
a free gift resource

On top of that, it's not free. You are paying eight or nine bucks a month for it. Kinda steep for free, don't you think?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10754
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 10:50 AM

Doc B:

Lee:
a free gift resource

On top of that, it's not free. You are paying eight or nine bucks a month for it. Kinda steep for free, don't you think?

Sorry, Doc, but you are mistaken. He is paying 8.99 per month for all the goodies in Logos Now. This gift is a free bonus over and above the subscription benefits.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 10:54 AM

There were several freebies in the past that I already owned.  This time I didn't.  I like to think that over time it still comes out well.

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:18 AM

I am just wondering there are two options for Logos Now; monthly and annually. Out of those who did or did not get the freebie offer, were those who got the offer annual subscribers as opposed to those who did not being monthly subscribers, or was it a mix of both?

Posts 1789
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:31 AM

Jeffrey Barron Owens:

I am just wondering there are two options for Logos Now; monthly and annually. Out of those who did or did not get the freebie offer, were those who got the offer annual subscribers as opposed to those who did not being monthly subscribers, or was it a mix of both?

I have been a monthly subscriber ever since Now became available and received the offer in an email.

Posts 1789
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:36 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
As a Logos Now subscriber I am yet to receive the offer...

Under your email preferences, do you have a check mark next to "Logos Now" in order to get special offers? I don't know if it will make a difference in this situation or not.

Posts 43
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:37 AM

For those who have LN but have not received this free offer:

Just add the resource to your cart (LINK) and use coupon code FREEBOOKSNOW at checkout.

Note: This will only work for active LN subscribers.

EDIT: I'm passing this information along from other LN users. I cannot personally verify if this works or not. See the  discussion about this on the Free Logos Books Facebook page HERE.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:00 PM

It told me that the code is invalid.  I am definitely a LN subscriber and have been since they started it.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1072
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:44 PM

Lee:

They simply don't do any cross-referencing between what they're advertising and what you already have. I just got an email for the Crossway Biblical Theology Collection, which I had already signed up for in pre-pub.

It's a minor nuisance--I think we can handle a couple extra emails on our side. But if I were them, this is one of the first things I'd "fix" from a marketing perspective. If you train your users to expect extraneous emails, you risk them all looking like extraneous emails. There are other unpleasant side effects like your frustration in "missing out" on a freebie. That would not have happened if they did a very simple check before the email went out and skipped those of us who have the package.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 1:17 PM

I'm fairly certain that these "free resources" are connected to this Logos Now promo: https://www.logos.com/now#FreeResources 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS