Vote for the best phrase.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 1:40 AM

I'm not interesting in present my Work at all...Logos Bible Software for me is to come closer to Jesus and learn how to understand his Word.

Posts 12149
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 1:50 AM

EastTN:

Neither one really works for me.  Both seem to be solely targeted at pulpit ministers.  Neither speaks to what I believe to be the point of it all, which is understanding the Word.  From that flows living out the Word and communicating the Word - but the Word always comes first.  I've always thought that was what was most powerful about the names Logos and Verbum - they both implicitly point back to the Word of God.

Fully concur. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 6:35 AM

Interesting (as usual) ... the preferred phrase vs the the user's use.  People want a match.

Then, I'd assume the phrase's positioning ... a booth with signing at a conference, where it has to catch a glance. A web page banner, or just general product imaging.

Given the multiple markets, I wonder about a single choice. Research, devotional, teaching, Proclaim-sister, sermon prep, encouraging your children, etc.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 830
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 7:51 AM

Sorry.  

I have "Go online and rate this" overload. Everybody/anybody from the Safeway checkout person to the waitress who serves my breakfast to nearly everything I buy wants me to go online and "take this short survey".  

I do not.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 2399
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 7:51 AM

I voted for "preparation to presentation" which isn't really accurate.

* I don't think of Logos a a source of discovery--although discovery inevitably occurs there.  But now that I am typing, I am changing my mind and thinking that Logos is responsible for a LOT of discovery.

* I don't use Logos for delivery or presentation.

* I use Logos for preparation, for covering my bases quickly and thoroughly before preparing my own presentation/delivery. 

*Conclusion: The best phrase for me (but probably not everyone else) would be "Preparation and Discovery."  I put preparation first because I discover as I prepare, not the other way around, or at least not intentionally.  

*Final Conclusion: Mostly I use Logos just to read and study on my own.  Like my leather Bible, I don't really "use" it so much as experience it, or meditate on it or feast on it or let it speak to my heart.  A real leather Bible I sometimes just hold--which I can't really do with Logos, although my laptop computer is warm on cold winter mornings. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 7:55 AM

JRS:

Sorry.  

I have "Go online and rate this" overload. Everybody/anybody from the Safeway checkout person to the waitress who serves my breakfast to nearly everything I buy wants me to go online and "take this short survey".  

I do not.

So I'm not the only person to notice this.  They even have a number printed on the back of your grocery receipt to call to take a survey.  I think I'm not going to take another survey any time soon.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5602
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 10:48 AM

Dan Pritchett:
Which of these two phrases best communicates the benefits of Logos Bible Software and piques your interest?

I picked one, but I don't like it, either.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 11:01 AM

Neither!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 959
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 30 2021 8:58 PM

Late answer:

Neither piques interest to me, 

Benefit communication depends on audience.

To me Logos benefits logo would be:

Explore....  Reflect....    Experience...

Related to: Von Hugel's "history, intellect, experience" anyone?

Posts 1000
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2021 2:55 PM

neither one does all that much for me. 

Posts 5899
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2021 3:06 PM

It did not back then, and does even less for me know if that's possible as FL has gone off on a tangent chasing the whole church budget and has dropped the ball on it's core product focussing more on pastor's and less on all students of the Word and on producing high quality resources to support the core product.

Josh Hunt:

neither one does all that much for me. 

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2021 3:19 PM

The thread has been dormant for 5 years ... I doubt it matters much now.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS