Master Journal Bundle 2.1 Shipping July 2016

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 20 2016 1:31 PM

I just noticed that is shipping in a couple months.  Unfortunately, I may have to cancel my prepub.  Despite my dynamic price, it's still too much at this time. 

https://www.logos.com/product/54391/master-journal-bundle-21

I'll probably just stick with my Theological Journal Library 2.1 since it's under $10 (with dynamic pricing).

https://www.logos.com/product/54394/tjl-upgrade-bundle-21

Posts 9408
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 2:15 PM

I'm glad that there is finally a date attached to this and it is showing up in my Open Pre-Pub list.

Ronald, don't be too quick to cancel for it will never be this low of a price again.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 2:59 PM

I've got some time to think about it, so I won't do anything impulsive.  I own the Theological Journal Library, but not the original Master Journal Bundle. 

The current list price is $1299, but the preorder price is $799, plus dynamic pricing lowers my cost even more.

Any idea how much the price is going to increase after it ships?

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 3:22 PM

Ronald Quick:

I've got some time to think about it, so I won't do anything impulsive.  I own the Theological Journal Library, but not the original Master Journal Bundle. 

The current list price is $1299, but the preorder price is $799, plus dynamic pricing lowers my cost even more.

Any idea how much the price is going to increase after it ships?

It will go up to the list price. To find your dynamic price once it ships calculate

1299*Current Price/799

(There is some voodoo in how Dynamic Prices are calculated, but that should be within a dollar or two). 

The thing which makes me nervous is that they are changing the way they do journals (or rather, jettisoning the "once a quarter" model announced without doing it) which makes me wonder how useful these will end up being. I bought the first Master Journal with the understanding that it would be the most cost effective way to get up to date ones in the long term, not out of a particular desire for old ones.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2016 3:34 PM

Justin Gatlin:
The thing which makes me nervous is that they are changing the way they do journals (or rather, jettisoning the "once a quarter" model announced without doing it) which makes me wonder how useful these will end up being. I bought the first Master Journal with the understanding that it would be the most cost effective way to get up to date ones in the long term, not out of a particular desire for old ones.

It concerns me also but still going with this update but uncertain about the affordability of continuing to update these journals in the future. Are they going to be released as individual Journals like the 'Christianity Today' and end up costing a lot more ? Time will reveal the next step and whether I'm part of it but for now still worth getting a hold of what's on offer now and having it a part of your library of research material, particularity if you are getting a dynamic price.

Posts 4412
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 7:06 AM

Justin Gatlin:
The thing which makes me nervous is that they are changing the way they do journals (or rather, jettisoning the "once a quarter" model announced without doing it) which makes me wonder how useful these will end up being.

Even once every six months would still keep you pretty up-to-date. Frankly, once/year wouldn't be too bad either.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 12:33 PM

SineNomine:

Justin Gatlin:
The thing which makes me nervous is that they are changing the way they do journals (or rather, jettisoning the "once a quarter" model announced without doing it) which makes me wonder how useful these will end up being.

Even once every six months would still keep you pretty up-to-date. Frankly, once/year wouldn't be too bad either.

Absolutely. I would be fine with that. I am just not sure that "changing the way we do journals" = the same kind of thing, with a longer publication period. I hope so! But it would be good of Faithlife to explain the new strategy before this ships, so we know what we are really buying into. I bought the original Master Bundle, and will get this one. It is a good price with dynamic, but I would not have bought the original if I had doubted the future model. 

Posts 10789
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 5:29 PM

SineNomine:
Even once every six months would still keep you pretty up-to-date. Frankly, once/year wouldn't be too bad either

Agreed. Also Phil Gons provided some insight here 811009.aspx He also made a further statement a few posts below the linked one.

Posts 2403
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 5:55 PM

Does the Master Journal Bundle 2.1 include everything in the original master journal bundle?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 6:08 PM

Ronald Quick:
Does the Master Journal Bundle 2.1 include everything in the original master journal bundle?

Yes.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1088
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 1:15 AM

Ronald 

I have the Master Journal Bundle 2.0 it added 1,406 resources to my Library.

So we have a lot to read.. 

I also ordered the 2.1 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 3:53 AM

I have nothing to base this suggestion on, but wonder whether future journal releases will be via some type of subscription service???

I hope since I like the "ownership" model. 

Posts 1084
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 4:36 AM

Justin Gatlin:

SineNomine:

Justin Gatlin:

Absolutely. I would be fine with that. I am just not sure that "changing the way we do journals" = the same kind of thing, with a longer publication period. I hope so! But it would be good of Faithlife to explain the new strategy before this ships, so we know what we are really buying into. I bought the original Master Bundle, and will get this one. It is a good price with dynamic, but I would not have bought the original if I had doubted the future model. 

I'm in for now but I would not have bought the first batch if I thought they were switching to subscription. At the time they were saying quarterly updates would come.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 7:37 AM

We'll see how this goes. Galaxie was pretty regular in their shipments, the quality was probably C or so at best but at least we got the journals pretty regularly (you cold also download journal upodates from their ftp server, they were posted pretty regularly). I had high hopes for FL taking it in house because I knew their journal quality would be better, even at a little more cost (yet I suspected more journals would be coming too). I guess all the stops and retsarts are fundamentally tied to all the personnel changes/changes in the business, I hope it gets straightened out and into a regular routine. I am frankly very surprised at some of Phil's comments about cost vs. demand not looking good, I wouldn't think this would be surprise/throw a curve ball at FL since they saw the journal "business" through sale of the Galaxie TJL for so many years.

Posts 726
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:29 PM

Anyone know why none of the journal bundles can currently be purchased on logos.com? For example, see below?

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:43 PM

JH:

Anyone know why none of the journal bundles can currently be purchased on logos.com? For example, see below?

I am seeing the same thing as you for the Master Bundle. Try the Theological Journal Bundle https://www.logos.com/product/54394/tjl-upgrade-bundle-21 . If not call Logos in the morning.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 8:02 PM

Price adjustments?????

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1088
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 8:09 PM

Maybe adding Master Journal Bundle 2.2 (2,000 + vols ) Wink

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 9 2016 8:26 PM

We're in the process of making content adjustments that have become required in the last week. This will not affect your library if you have already purchased a bundle. The Master and Theological Journal Bundles are affected. Academic and TJL remain available for purchase.

Posts 9408
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:25 PM

Matthew Miller:
We're in the process of making content adjustments that have become required in the last week.

Perhaps saying this on the website would be a good idea.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS