Unlocking Logos 2.0c resource to be used with L4

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Jeremy Korodaj | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2010 1:55 PM

Please help me somebody.  I am ultimately trying to get my "TANAKH - the Holy Scriptures" (Logos 2) resource to L4.

I am running Windows Vista 32 bit

I have both L3 & L4 on my computer and have been successful with some older L2 products. 

I just purchased an unopened L2 Tanakh and cannot get it to work with Logos 2 on my OLD COMPUTER which is running Windows XP.  It reads that fact that the book is there, but the only option I have is the unlock $39 option.  Additionally, there is no security code that came with the CD inside or outside of the case!   Also I tried to take off the old L2 and reinstall it with just the Tanakh CD, but now it is just the "shell" of L2 with absolutely no resources.  How can I get it to work on my old operating system so I can eventually get it to my L4?

(Also, my L4 indexer has been crashing today every time I try to merge my new resources - can someone point me to a thread on that as well)

Thanks

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:46 PM

Jeremy,

Without a license code I'm not sure what you can do to unlock this resource. It appears locked so Logos recognizes it. I would return it or see if the person you got it from can provide a code.

To resolve the indexer problem type the words Rebuild Index into your Logos 4 Command Bar and hit enter. This will force a total re-indexing which will take some time.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:50 PM

Jeremy Korodaj:

(Also, my L4 indexer has been crashing today every time I try to merge my new resources - can someone point me to a thread on that as well)

For L4 you should be aware that the Merge command causes problems! If you are doing this because of the message in the "New Resources" section of Basic Search results be aware that you do not have to merge indexes!

But you now need to Rebuild Index - by typing those words in the Command box and pressing Enter.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 3:32 PM

Jeremy Korodaj:
I just purchased an unopened L2 Tanakh and cannot get it to work with Logos 2 on my OLD COMPUTER which is running Windows XP.  It reads that fact that the book is there, but the only option I have is the unlock $39 option.  Additionally, there is no security code that came with the CD inside or outside of the case!   Also I tried to take off the old L2 and reinstall it with just the Tanakh CD, but now it is just the "shell" of L2 with absolutely no resources. 

Some L2 CD's came with resources already unlocked and some locked. The unlocked were available for use once installed. It looks like you will have to purchase the Tanakh http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/tanakh,but it will be a direct download into L4.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 3:35 PM

Dave Hooton:
It reads that fact that the book is there, but the only option I have is the unlock $39 option. 

I would get myself a nice cup of coffee, a good book, set down beside my computer with Logos opened on it, call customer service and practice patience. They may have some suggestions-assistance.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 63
Jeremy Korodaj | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:06 PM

Thanks for the post, but this CD is one resource only - "The Jewish BIble Tanakh" - Yet it does not look like they used a code at that time because my copy was sealed in plastic (though a bit old) when I opened it.  Yet inside on the installation papers or on the back of the CD case there is no code.

Posts 63
Jeremy Korodaj | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:08 PM

The "rebuild indexer" worked - THANKS

-  As far as the TANAKH, is concerned, I think I'm going to have to take Dave's advice and call Logos.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:14 PM

I recently purchased an older Logos 2.0 product.  I was able to get it to load into L3 with no problems, but could not get L4 to recognize it.

I had to call customer support and they had to lock and unlock my L4 license from their end.  Then it worked.

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:26 PM

Jeremy,

Sometimes the unlock code was on the cellophane that enclosed the CD.  See if you have this; if not give Logos customer service a call.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS