Make pre-pubs available for payment plans

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1060
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 30 2016 1:27 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Is it possible to put pre-pubs on a payment plan?

I got this from Bob Pritchitt:

I'm sorry, but we're just not set up for that right now. I do appreciate the benefits, and it's something we'll consider to weigh as part of our future plans for improvements to the ordering system. -- Bob

Dale Heath

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2016 8:16 PM

This is something I would really like.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 506
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2016 10:51 PM

They should create a payment plan that works in reverse: it starts when the books goes into production and ends when it's finished.

BAM! Payment plan!

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 30 2016 11:51 PM

Greg Masone:
They should create a payment plan that works in reverse: it starts when the books goes into production and ends when it's finished.

You can use BookCache for that.

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2016 3:35 AM

Greg Masone:

BAM! Payment plan!

And every time they postpone the  ship date, you make another payment. :)

I don't see the appeal of paying $5 a month for the privilege of paying for using Logos as an interest free savings account (I don't understand book cache for the same reason). 

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2016 3:47 AM

Justin Gatlin:
I don't see the appeal of paying $5 a month for the privilege of paying for using Logos as an interest free savings account (I don't understand book cache for the same reason). 

BookCache doesn't cost anything.

It's useful mostly because it's hassle-free and it locks your money into Logos. The former is useful if you have a specific book budget and want to make sure you don't overspend, but don't want the hassle of tracking everything. The latter is useful if it helps you to consider your Logos savings as money already spent, so you're not tempted to think you still have plenty of money left to pay for lattes or beer, or whatever your discretionary expenditure is.

If you rarely buy Logos resources, or if you're disciplined and organised, you don't need it. But for regular purchases you appreciate the discipline it brings, I think it's useful — especially when interest is so low elsewhere.

Posts 2478
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2016 4:56 AM

The purpose of the prepubs is for Logos to know that there is enough interest to cover the cost of a resource before they go into production.  The only way that I can see to make payment plans available for prepubs is that Logos would have to calculate the how many orders it would take for payment plans to cover the cost.  This would be difficult due to the number of different payment plans available.  Plus it would delay resources moving into production.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS