Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:57 AM

I am mostly thinking of the videos and classes.  Do they actually get deleted from my HD and all?

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 7:09 AM

They get deleted from the library but I think you have to run the Delete Unlicensed Resources command to free up the space on your HD.

Posts 13118
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 8:19 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

They get deleted from the library but I think you have to run the Delete Unlicensed Resources command to free up the space on your HD.

I would be interested to know whether that command also frees up videos from the WebCache. I don't think anyone has ever said that it does.

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 8:31 AM

Mark Barnes:

I would be interested to know whether that command also frees up videos from the WebCache. I don't think anyone has ever said that it does.

In case it doesn't, do you know the path to the WebCache on a Mac?

💻15" MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013) | 2.6 GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD💻
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 8:56 AM

Mark Barnes:

No idea; I just assumed it did.

Posts 2023
LogosEmployee

Mark Barnes:

Yasmin Stephen:

Delete Unlicensed Resources has no effect on the WebCache. It only operates on files in your resource folder.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 1:57 PM

How would one go about cleaning up their web cache?

Posts 13118
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:21 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Just delete the WebCache folder.

Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:28 PM

Mark Barnes:

Yasmin Stephen:

Thank you!

Posts 1050
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:09 PM

Related, how/when do preview resources get removed from the Android app? For me that's a more vital question as storage space is a lot more limited.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 4
Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 7:06 PM

I don't believe that it should affect your space on the Android, unless you specifically downloaded that resource to your phone or tablet. I was under the impression that most of the resources ran off the cloud to not use space on the device. Hope that helps.

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:05 AM

Mark Barnes:

Yasmin Stephen:

Where would one find the web cache folder on Windows?

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:07 AM

Never mind I found it

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:30 AM

I do have a question though. What do I lose when i delete this folder? Will Certain items come back like faithlife videos?

Posts 13118
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 8:43 AM

Mattillo:

I do have a question though. What do I lose when i delete this folder? Will Certain items come back like faithlife videos?

You will lose all on-demand media that has been downloaded within Logos. Generally this will be some audio bibles, and MobileEd and similar courses. (Not all audio bibles are on-demand. Some are fully offline. Likewise some video resources are not on-demand, so won't be deleted.)

All the items you might delete would re-download next time you tried to view/listen to them.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS