Preview & Live Screen Show Transparent

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2016 7:41 PM

Just updated to the latest update.

When I click LIVE or PREVIEW, I get a black screen on the projector and a transparent "image" on my screen.  

MBP, El Capetian 

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 7:43 PM

Also, I realize that in this screen shot that I am "offline", however, it does it when I am online as well.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 10:05 PM

Hello Trevis, I can see the sync icon in the upper right of the image you posted is showing an error state. I suspect you're unable to download all the media (backgrounds) required by your presentation. Are you connected to the Internet? Posting the logs will give us information to diagnose further - http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2016 10:16 PM

Hello Scott.

Please let me know if I'm doing this correctly.

5315.486515452332_Proclaim.log

8611.486516850739_Proclaim.log

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 10:51 AM

I'm not sure if I did those logs correctly but please advise me on how to fix it.  I am able to connect to the internet.  I just happened to be off line at the moment I posted.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2016 11:17 AM

Hi, Trevis. Because the logs you posted earlier were in offline mode, it's very difficult to see if there was an error occurring while loading the slide in preview mode. If you're still experiencing this issue, could you please post your logs from an online session? I'd recommend using the "Save logs" feature in the app under the help menu to obtain a convenient .zip file of all your logs instead of posting them one-by-one. Thank you!

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 6:44 AM

I thought the issue was fixed which is why I hadn't replied.  However, this morning it started again.  Please help... I don't know what else I can do.4062.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 6:55 AM

Hello Trevis, can I see a screenshot of the main application window? I'm interested in what the sync icon in the upper right is displaying.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 6:59 AM

I am able to sign in using your account and once I wait for the media to download (as indicated by the sync icon in the upper right) it all seems to display properly in preview. Is this not what you're seeing?

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:03 AM

OHH... this is why it's frozen on my end, LOL... Yes, that's what I see.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:05 AM

It's telling me that everything has synced properly.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:11 AM

Hey Scott, if you can't get it within the next 10 minutes, we'll just have to go without because our service begins shortly.  Thanks man!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:12 AM

I'm not seeing an issue in the image you posted. Are you concerned about the transparent grid you see behind the Baby Dedication item? This is intentional, it's meant to show at design/preview time to represent area that is not filled by the background image. It will not be seen by your congregation when you go On Air.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 7:13 AM

If it happens again, I'll take a screenshot of that.  What you pointed out isn't my issue.  I'll be sure to document it better.

Posts 26

Hey Scott, I'm back again... Big Smile

So we're working on this on an off day and I can't figure out what the issue could be.  I'd love for you to take a glance at it.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:43 PM

Hey Scott, I'm back again... Big Smile

So we're working on this on an off day and I can't figure out what the issue could be.  I'd love for you to take a glance at it.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:49 PM

Here's a summary of what is going on here.

1) When I start up, everything syncs like normal.  I go On Air and everything is fine... until it goes from Pre-Service to Warm-Up.  The countdown runs on the Mac and freezes on the Confidence monitor.  It does not run at all on the projector.

2) I close Proclaim, reopen it and all the connections are working and in place.  I go "On Air" and I get the transparent checker board on my screen, nothing on the projector, and the images/song display on the Confidence Monitor.

3) I shut down Proclaim and restart my computer and that is most likely the best way to fix everything.  But I shouldnt have to do this each time minutes prior to service.

Please advise.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:10 PM

Hi, Trevis, sorry about the late reply. In the screenshot you provided it looks like everything is working fine: could you point out what isn't working at that stage?

1) When I start up, everything syncs like normal.  I go On Air and everything is fine... until it goes from Pre-Service to Warm-Up.  The countdown runs on the Mac and freezes on the Confidence monitor.  It does not run at all on the projector.

We don't currently support videos playing on the confidence monitor, although we'd like to in the future. It's strange that Proclaim isn't showing up on your projector during this time -- are you able to try another app on your projector to make sure it's not the hardware?

2) I close Proclaim, reopen it and all the connections are working and in place.  I go "On Air" and I get the transparent checker board on my screen, nothing on the projector, and the images/song display on the Confidence Monitor.

The checkerboard pattern should only appear while Proclaim is loading and rendering a slide. It might take a moment for this loading to happen.

3) I shut down Proclaim and restart my computer and that is most likely the best way to fix everything.  But I shouldnt have to do this each time minutes prior to service.

Agreed. My advice would be to restart your computer prior to going on air the first time, as that is the method that appears to be working. This isn't a long-term fix, but it might be the best until we can nail down what's happening.

Posts 26
Trevis Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:12 PM

Here's the short version.  I spilled water in my Macbook Pro last week or so.  Messed up the keyboard so I had to replace it.  This Sunday was the 1st with my new Mac and I had no real issues.

My countdown video didn't play as scheduled but I think it might've been something I did and not a system error.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS