Logos 4 locks up whenever I try and close the Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Chris Andre | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:27 PM

Started today on my HP (5 months old) with Windows 7. If I select the x it locks up the program and i have to use the task manager to shut it down. If i try and Close it from the left side menu it locks it up. This seems to only happen with the passage guide but it is very annoying and inconvenient.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 10:20 AM

What version of Logos 4 is installed? (Click on the Help icon and choose About Logos Bible Software.) 

If you leave it for a few minutes, does it eventually close the Passage Guide and allow you to continue working?  Does the program eventually crash?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 6
Chris Andre | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:18 PM

Version says: says 4.oa SR-3 

Once it locks up I have to use the task manager to shut down the program. If by not working and remaining static with no ability to do anything with the mouse or keyboard command yes it does crash. And it happens the moment i try and close the passage guide via the close tab or the x.

Please help.

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:44 PM

My buddy was showing me his install of Logos 4 this morning and the exact same thing was happening to him. When he tried to close ANYTHING the program would lock up. He shut logos down several times and restarted to see if there was some issue. Did it every time.

He's running a 27in iMac with Windows 7 under BootCamp and Logos SR-3

Posts 10517
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:28 AM

chris.andre@comcast.net:
Please help.

Chuck Lindsey:
My buddy was showing me his install of Logos 4 this morning and the exact same thing was happening to him. When he tried to close ANYTHING the program would lock up. He shut logos down several times and restarted to see if there was some issue. Did it every time.

Your log files would provide valuable assistance in troubleshooting Diagnostic Logging

It would be best if you change your display name. Displaying your email address in a public forum is an invitation to spam.

Posts 16
James Filler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:45 AM

Actually, this is a bug. I had this same problem a couple of days ago and called tech support about it, and they experienced the same thing. There is another thread about this somewhere. My log files showed an error to occur with www.powerpointsermons.com. We created a new Passage guide, excluding all the sermon things that require an i-net connection (I'm not interested in the sermon stuff anyway), named it "My Passage guide" (naming a guide so that it begins with "My" apparently sets it to be the default guide), and that resolved the issue if it didn't solve the problem. My Tech, Steve, passed the info up to the developers, at least he said he would.

Posts 24841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:37 PM

Yes, it has been reported by other users.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 65
Dale Winters | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:52 PM

Same here.  Before trying to close it I noticed that the sermon central section just kept seeking and seeking without showing any results.  Then It lock up upon trying to close the passage guide.  I hadn't ever noticed this until today.  Also, just an hour or so before this when I tried to open Logos  I got the windows shut down Logos do to an error window like I did when my index was corrup,t however this time it did it just once and didn't continually repeat.  Didn't know if this was connected or not.  Did an update come down the pipe today? 

Sorry for the long ramble.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS