God and Particle Physics

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2284
Beloved | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2016 8:09 PM

Has anyone investigated the present state of quantum physics and theology? I am looking for scholarly work on this subject. Is Spitzer a good place to start? Is it well documented. Does it have a useful bibliography? Any suggestions along these lines will be appreciated.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 1:27 AM

Here is a PDF file with the References in his book:

6646.Spitzer New Proofs References.pdf

Here is a PDF file with the Table of Contents:

7624.Spitzer New Proofs Contents.pdf

Not for the faint of heart ...

Posts 2284
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:09 AM

Steve:

Here is a PDF file with the References in his book:

6646.Spitzer New Proofs References.pdf

Here is a PDF file with the Table of Contents:

7624.Spitzer New Proofs Contents.pdf

Not for the faint of heart ...

Well Steve,

Looks like I have a new friend on the forums! True story. My father told me when I was just a youngster, about age 8, that reciprocity is the basis for friendship. I had no idea what reciprocity meant so I asked him (my father) what it meant. He told me look it up, thus began my life long fascination with dictionaries and references. 

Thanks so much for the information. It looks like Spitzer is a fine place to start! As my pastor Anne Gimenez says, "real science agrees with God."

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2241
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:27 AM

Excellent. That's on my wish list now. All it needs is a sale now, or birthday credit, or both...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 5:41 AM

Jan Krohn:
That's on my wish list now.

I added it to mine as well.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1597
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 7:39 AM

The first name that comes to mind for me re: quantum physics and theology is the Rev. Dr. John Polkinghorne, since he does know both quite well - working as a theoretical physicist before becoming an Anglican priest. One of his works is available at Vyrso, but it is not really one of his major works. Much more is now available from Logos - and I may have to spend some money on them...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2241
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 8:15 AM

The Polkingthorne series was already on my wish list :)

https://www.logos.com/product/43900/john-polkinghorne-science-and-theology-series

Here's another collection that might be of interest, covering physics and other sciences as well:

https://www.logos.com/product/4250/hugh-ross-reasons-to-believe-collection

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:18 AM

Ken McGuire:

The first name that comes to mind for me re: quantum physics and theology is the Rev. Dr. John Polkinghorne ...

Two of his works are referenced in Spritzer's volume.

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:51 AM

I read Spitzer's book...it is excellent. Highly recommended.

Posts 1930
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:25 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I added it to mine as well.

Added to my wish list.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 6:51 PM

Jan Krohn:

The Polkingthorne series was already on my wish list :)

https://www.logos.com/product/43900/john-polkinghorne-science-and-theology-series

Imagine my delight to discover Polkinghorne's collection is included in Anglican Diamond or Anglican Portfolio. I already have it!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 4:01 PM

Beloved,

I forgot to mention that you can get some insight into Robert Spitzer's work in this area through many videos on line.  A search of the author and the word "universe" will return many results that delve into this fascinating subject.

Enjoy!

Posts 2284
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 5:50 PM

Steve:

I forgot to mention that you can get some insight into Robert Spitzer's work in this area through many videos on line.  A search of the author and the word "universe" will return many results that delve into this fascinating subject.

Enjoy!

Steve,

Thank you so much for sharing this information! Fr Spitzer's passion for the glory of God and the elegance and beauty of His creation is infectious. I look forward to reading his resource in Logos. Also, thank you bro Terlizzi for sharing.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 5:54 PM

On the wish list it goes!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 12:34 PM

I just caught Fr Spitzer's Universe on EWTN. His comments on the Shroud of Turin were very interesting. He touched on the DNA, blood type, and Y-chromosome on the shroud. I won't tell you what he said but he does believe it was Jesus buried in the shroud. 

What I like best about what I heard is how he gives God the glory. He accepts science and miracles. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2016 2:19 PM

Matthew C Jones:

What I like best about what I heard is how he gives God the glory. He accepts science and miracles. 

Yes!  God is the author of ALL.  Science is not separate or different from creation.  It cannot, by definition, be opposed to Him and His loving and merciful work!  Only human error stands in opposition to God.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS