Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 13 2016 5:04 PM

I know it won't be supported till it's released. Just curious if any daring soul has tried to install it on their Mac and if they were able to run Logos on it at this early point.

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2016 6:45 PM

No... but I am wondering how we will refer to it. macOS Sierra (10.12.1)? macOS 12.1? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2016 7:17 PM

Apple calling it macOS 10.12 sierra 

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2016 8:21 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Apple calling it macOS 10.12 sierra 

I haven't seen that anywhere. Only macOS Sierra

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 13 2016 8:46 PM

Tabs will be nice in Logos! 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 452
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 6:42 AM

I installed Sierra last night on a disc partition (not my main partition). I'm starting sermon prep today, and I'll use Logos 6 under Sierra as far as I can, and then report.

8:41 am - Logos is running, and my main home screen is up and looks correct.

*** 9:48 am - no problem following my reading plan

*** 11:41 am - no problems after a couple of hours of study, searching, making notes, etc.

Note: Rather than go through the download and reindex process (I have a massive Logos library), I created a symbolic link to the existing library on my main disc partition. 

Posts 452
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2016 11:53 AM

Well, at this point Logos (the latest stable release) is running fine on my Macbook Pro with Sierra installed. If any issues arise I'll post them here.

Posts 11
Everest Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 9:35 AM

Crashes on launch for me on Sierra. Wish I could just re-write Logos in Swift :P the beta works fine for me though it looks.

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 10:08 AM

Everest Liu:

Crashes on launch for me on Sierra. Wish I could just re-write Logos in Swift :P the beta works fine for me though it looks.

By "the beta works fine," Do you mean Sierra, or a beta build of Logos? 

Posts 23
Rodrigo Quema | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 6:42 PM

I've installed Sierra on my 2011 MBPro 15" and it works okay with Logos 6.  So far no issues.

Posts 91
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2016 3:33 PM

I am running the beta of Logos and Mac OS Sierra. No issues. I don't know why I do this. Last betas I had issues. :) 

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 10:15 PM

Can anyone report on how/if the tabs work? I think it would be great to have multiple full window layouts at the same time, if that is possible.

Posts 452
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:08 AM

Applications have to be written to allow tabs. At this point, Logos has not been updated to allow tabs to be created. 

Posts 1881
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:18 AM

Philip Bassham:
Can anyone report on how/if the tabs work? I think it would be great to have multiple full window layouts at the same time, if that is possible.

The Tabs work, but only in floating windows—not the main window. It's really nice--

However, I don't think it's going to allow you to have different layouts open at the same time. It's only going to consolidate your floating windows into one window.

Posts 452
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:30 AM
I stand corrected - that's good news. Never thought to try floating windows.
Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 12:39 PM

Why only floating windows? That seems odd. Is in a bug?

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:16 PM

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully it gets updated to do the tabs on the main window somehow. Not sure how useful breaking out separate windows is in order to use tabs to keep it in one window.

If there is any program that could benefit from this tab feature to maximize real estate, I think it would be this one, so here is to hoping.

Posts 452
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 7:20 PM

Michael McLane:

Why only floating windows? That seems odd. Is in a bug?

I suspect it's because the windows in Logos are fairly complicated workspaces, not typical windows. 

Posts 12
Bud Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:39 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I know it won't be supported till it's released. Just curious if any daring soul has tried to install it on their Mac and if they were able to run Logos on it at this early point.

Yes.

I am running the sixth iteration of the Beta. 

L7 installs and runs - as long as you don't try to do much. 

It crashes frequently and predictably.  E.g., every time I try to use one of the pre-packaged layouts, it crashes. Every time I open a volume from the Passage Guide -> Systematic Theology and then click the info icon for that volume, it crashes.

Etc. Etc.

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:26 AM

Bud Brown:
It crashes frequently and predictably.

Although not supported, you might want to create a thread in the beta forum and post logs (see my signature line). Make sure to mention that you are running beta OSX. 

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS