Community Pricing Report

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:27 AM

In January, I created a Community Pricing Forecast Report http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10089.aspx and I promised I would do again in a months time. Well, February has just finished so here it is.

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

There has been a lot of activity on the Community Pricing page this past month with two titles reaching 100% plus the addition of two new titles for bidding.

Early February, “The New Testament For English Readers” made into pre-production for $12. It is now available as a pre-pub for $59.95. This is a great example of how much money you can save by participating in the community pricing program.

Later on in the month “The Atonement: In Its Relationship To The Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord” also reached 100% at $7, however as underbidders raised their price and with additional bidders  that price eventually went down to $5 before bidding was closed. This title is now being sold for $14.95 in pre-pub.

Now on to the new titles :

The Christian’s Daily Walk

This title is off to a good start and is already approaching 40% at the $7. It’s early days yet and no doubt more bidders will materialize but with current interest people would need to bid $12 to have this get to the 100% mark.

The Works Of the Rev. Henry Scougal

This title is already getting close to the 80% level at the $5 mark. Given it is only in its first month the prospect of finding more people to bid at this price seems good, however, if all existing bidders raised their bid to $6 then this would put it into production right now without waiting for any extra people.

Compendium of Christian Theology

This was a new addition last month and at that stage the best possible price was $24. Since then however the number of bidders has increased by 80%. This reduces the best possible price down to $14 – if all bidders raised their bid to this level or higher then it would reach 100% and go into production.

George Mueller Collection

The number of bidders on this title has also increased (by about 52%). The extra interest means that if all bidders raised their amount to $18 this title would go into production. This is down from $24 from the previous month.

Catena Aurea

Last month the best possible price (based on the number of current bidders) for this title was $36. Since then the number of bidders has increased driving the best possible price down to $24.

Essays In Greek

This title is getting close to the 100% mark at $8. If all underbidders raised their price to this level the final price would go down to $6. Alternatively, if just the people currently sitting on a $7 bid raised it one dollar that would be enough for 100% at $8.

Barnes Notes

The bids on this title continue to rise, albeit very slowly. Compared to last month the number of bidders has increased by 26%. Last month the best possible price was $60 – with the additional interest this is now down to $50 – if all current bidders raise their bid to match this price then Barnes Notes would finally get into production.

That’s the Community Pricing report for this month

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:44 AM

Jeremy White:
In January, I created a Community Pricing Forecast Report http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10089.aspx and I promised I would do again in a months time. Well, February has just finished so here it is.

Thanks Jeremy - I note that the price of the Compendium of Christian Theology has now dropped to $10 - a great price for a three volume theology work.  It is one of the two best Wesleyan/Biblical theologies available.  The other, by Watson, is more philosophical in nature - but worth reading none the less.  I pre-ordered Pope at $36, but would gladly pay more to get it into production.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 18780
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:49 AM

Jeremy White:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing

Thanks for doing this, Jeremy!

Jeremy White:

Now on to the new titles :

The Christian’s Daily Walk

This title is off to a good start and is already approaching 40% at the $7. It’s early days yet and no doubt more bidders will materialize but with current interest people would need to bid $12 to have this get to the 100% mark.

With endorsements by John Owen and Richard Baxter, this one looks too good to pass up. I'm in at $10.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:52 AM

Jeremy, I appreciate your doing this.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 10:01 AM

Much appreciated good sir! Yes

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 12:06 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I note that the price of the Compendium of Christian Theology has now dropped to $10

That certainly is the most popular bid and as long as more bidders come in it looks like that will be what it goes for (or less!) - the $14 figure is based on the number of *current* bidders without taking into account any additional interest.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 12:20 PM

Jeremy, how on earth can you tell the percentage increase of bidders?  Tongue Tied

Anyway, nice report.  Appreciate it much!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:46 PM

Dan DeVilder:
Jeremy, how on earth can you tell the percentage increase of bidders? 

I kept my data from the first report and then compared.

What it doesn't tell me though is how many people that represents. The one piece of information that is not provided is the actual amount that Logos is looking to raise. For obvious reasons that is kept confidential.

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:50 PM

Jeremy, thank you.  If you could place web links to each resource alongside each title in your report that you provided here, that would make it even easier for people to quickly enter and bid or change their bid on the titles they have an interest in.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 9:45 PM

Tim....

He has the overall page listed on his posting.  At least I see it there now...at 2144 (Washington time)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 10:06 PM

Jeremy White:
That’s the Community Pricing report for this mon

Thank you very much Jeremy. This is a real help for those (like myself) who are mathematically challenged. My father & brothers marvel at my inability to grasp these concepts. You seem to distill it to an understandable & practical report. Yes Please keep this up!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 223
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 8:57 AM

Thank you all for your kind words - one of the things I like to do is analyze  and crunch numbers (as my wife would say "you're such a geek" - at which point I remind her " and you're married to one") and another thing I like to do is communicate knowledge to empower people to make better decisions - so doing this report thingy encompasses both :)

Your improvement comments are welcomed, admittedly this most recent one was a bit of rush job - but one thing I would like to do is provide links to some other threads that talk about why someone would be interested in a particular title. Perhaps if people could help by posting links on this thread which will keep it in the most recent thread list and that way people can click through to people singing the praises of the different titles.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS