NIC Sale is live people!

Page 4 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 94
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 2:49 PM

I am still seeing $55.00 a book, even though I sign in....What am I doing wrong?

Paul

Paul

Posts 418
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 2:53 PM

Enter the sales coupon code "NICSALE" at the checkout.

https://www.logos.com/nicsale 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Silver

Posts 1930
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:07 PM

A long time ago, I invested time to check out my library for gaps, ask people I respect, and do quite a bit of research. I created a list of "really want" commentaries and now have most of that lost complete.  I was missing NICNT/OT volumes from that list and have now completed all I want from that series.  Just a handful or fewer of volumes to go, and I probably won't buy many commentaries thereafter in the near future.  

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:11 PM

Gao Lu:
 I was missing NICNT/OT volumes from that list and have now completed all I want from that series.

Congratulations.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5
Chip Franklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:26 PM

Looks like Fee's 1st Corinthians is the original version from many years ago, instead of his updated 2nd edition. Not sure why that would be the case, since Logos already sells the updated version. Seems a little misleading to me, but perhaps it's just me.

Chip

Posts 1607
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 8:30 PM

Chip Franklin:
Looks like Fee's 1st Corinthians is the original version from many years ago

Yes, that's right, and it's worth drawing attention to that so people can make an informed decision.

It was the first one into my cart for this sale, and then the first one out again once I realized it was the old edition. But I don't see a problem with Logos offering  both editions.

Posts 709
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:52 PM

Most reviews I've read of the updated version of Fee's 1 Corinthians commentary suggest there's little difference from the original. Certainly not enough to buy the updated version if you have the original. Given the sale price it might still be worth considering the original.

Posts 69
LogosEmployee
Derek Fekkes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 9:06 AM

Chip Franklin:
Looks like Fee's 1st Corinthians is the original version from many years ago, instead of his updated 2nd edition. Not sure why that would be the case, since Logos already sells the updated version. Seems a little misleading to me, but perhaps it's just me.

See my post earlier in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/127296/827839.aspx#827839 

Posts 5860
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 7:32 PM

Derek Fekkes:

Chip Franklin:

See my post earlier in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/127296/827839.aspx#827839 

Yep, the old misleading "honor the prepub price" that I Exposed and Phil Gons had no choice but to keep quiet because there was no way to refute the inconsistencies in the so called flawed "honor system" I pointed out. But hey, business is business...no worries

Posts 900
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 6:28 AM

Derek Fekkes:

I do not own either version of Fee's commentary on 1 Corinthians. As a potential first-time buyer of it, it makes most sense to me to hold out for a good sale on the updated edition (yes, I realize many have said there are not significant changes between the two, but that is not really the point here). Had the second edition been included in this sale, I would have bought it. It is a good example of Faithlife's policy regarding items recently off pre-pub costing them sales. Faithlife, please reconsider your position on this.

Posts 900
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 6:58 AM

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what the lowest pre-pub price had been for Fee on 1 Corinthians?

Posts 40
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:12 AM

Tomorrow is the last day of this sale. I finally made my decision on which commentaries to buy. These are the 10 that I chose after considering the recommendations I read online and got from people I know.

Proverbs (2 Vol), Isaiah (2 Vol), Jeremiah, Ezekiel (2 Vol), Acts, Romans, Revelation

Posts 201
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 11:53 AM

When exactly does this sale end?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 12:05 PM

Jim Erwin:

When exactly does this sale end?

11:59 p.m. PDT July 5.

Posts 221
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 12:48 PM

It sure didn't say that in my personalized offer or the sales page anywhere!

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 1:22 PM
John C Connell Jr.:

It sure didn't say that in my personalized offer or the sales page anywhere!

It's right in the ad: $19.99 a Volume* During the New International Commentary Sale you can get volumes from the New Testament or the Old Testament for $19.99!* Just add the volumes you want to your cart and checkout with the coupon code NICSALE.*
Posts 559
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 1:35 PM

Matthew:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what the lowest pre-pub price had been for Fee on 1 Corinthians?

$39.00

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2016 12:36 AM

Considering I have "good" resources in other commentary series, ended up buying Isaiah (2 Vol), Ezekiel (2 Vol) and 1 Corinthians.

Posts 221
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2016 3:53 AM

Thanks Bill.  It apparently was invisible yesterday all day.  Glad to see it there today! 

Posts 2810
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 5 2016 6:18 AM

This is a great sale, and Faithlife has been able to run several commentary sets at a special price per volume.  Though I already have purchased all the NIC volumes, I think this (and the commentary set sales) are a great service.  I hope this continues with even more commentary sets going on sale. 

Of course, is it the publishers that must agree for this to happen.  I hope other publishers are paying attention.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 4 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS