problems indexing after Calvin 500 install

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 1 2010 3:51 PM

Running L4 Scholar on XP, which ran fine until...

I bought and downloaded Calvin 500.  Sunday night  I left machine on all night for the download and index.   Three times now, I have gotten error messages related to the index. 

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process ID= 0x1338 (4920)

Thread ID = 0x10d4 (4308)

Click ok to terminate the application

Click cancel to debug the application.

When I Click cancel I get another error

Not registered JIT debugger was specified.  Click Retry....

Help....

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable � | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:14 PM

I can't say for sure without seeing your Logos4Indexer.log but it may be that you hit an index corruption bug which can be worked around by deleting your LibraryIndex directory (and waiting while it rebuilds your index from scratch).  Another possibility is that your disk is full.

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:30 PM

15 GB of open space, so that's not it.

Will try the tip on the index directory.

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:42 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I've duplicated the problem on a Windows XP computer and a Windows 7 machine.  Indexing has only started to fail since downloading Calvin 500.

Posts 39
Douglas McMasters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:42 PM

I had a similar problem after the influx of new resources a few days ago.  My merge indexer crashed at least three times.  Additionally, I found the Logos4 program hanging and giving me a not responding message.

I did a complete reindex, which accomplished what I needed for the merge.  But I am still finding the program more unstable than it was prior to the influx of new resources.  I get a not responding message and an occasional small square black window that appears over the top of the program.

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 5:42 PM

Here's what the log files notes after indexing stops working:

2010-03-01 20:38:53.8467    7    Error    Program    Unhandled exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: document id 531 is outside valid range of [1, 531)
Parameter name: nDocumentId
   at Libronix.SearchEngine.DocumentMetadataManager.GetExternalDocumentId(Int32 nDocumentId)
   at Libronix.SearchEngine.PostingsFileCreator.MergePostingsByDocument(BitWriter bitWriter, BitReader bitReader1, BitReader bitReader2, Int32 nDocumentCount1, Int32 nDocumentCount2, IDocumentMetadataManager documentManager1, IDocumentMetadataManager documentManager2, Int32 nDocumentGolombParameter1, Int32 nDocumentGolombParameter2, IWorkState state)
   at Libronix.SearchEngine.PostingsFileCreator.MergePostings(Lexicon lexiconFinal, Lexicon lexicon1, Lexicon lexicon2, IDocumentMetadataManager documentMetadataManager1, IDocumentMetadataManager documentMetadataManager2, PostingsFileReader postingsReader1, PostingsFileReader postingsReader2, IWorkState state, IIndexerProgress progress, Double fScaleOfPreliminaries)
   at Libronix.SearchEngine.Indexer.MergeIndices(FileSystemIndexInfo infoToMerge1, FileSystemIndexInfo infoToMerge2, IWorkState state, IIndexerProgress progress)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.LibraryIndex.MergeIndices(ILibraryIndexWorkState state, String strBigIndexName, String strSmallIndexName, String strNewIndexName)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.LibraryIndex.IndexResources(IPausableWorkState threadOwnerWorkState, LibraryIndexWorkState state)
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.WorkStateThreadOwner`1.ThreadProc(Object objData)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 5:49 PM

I just closed Logos out.  Computed time to index is 116 hours. 

Something is definitely wrong... 

Hopefully the tech guys (are there any?) can figure out a patch.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 5:56 PM

Arthur Balis:
Computed time to index is 116 hours. 

Well that is just put there to test your faith. Wink

The indexer's estimate is way off initially. Once it runs for awhile it gets more realistic. However, depending on your resources it can take many hours. Not 116 though.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:16 AM

Problem now confirmed on 3 machines, all of which have indexed other library additions flawlessly and all have 100's of GB of avail space with ample RAM.

Posts 65
Arthur Balis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:13 PM

LOGOS staff please advise

Art

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:55 PM

Arthur Balis:
I just closed Logos out.  Computed time to index is 116 hours. 

Let the index process proceed overnight. Chances are the estimate of 116 is initially way off and it will be done in morning.

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 3:49 AM

Scott S:
Let the index process proceed overnight. Chances are the estimate of 116 is initially way off and it will be done in morning.

Richard

Your error message indicates the need to rebuild the index.

Arthur,

You can post a log to be sure of the need, but I would just rebuild given what has been happening with many others in this situation!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5
Dennis Shackleford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 8:29 AM

I am having the same problem after upgrading my Calvin Commentary set.  I get an error message in Windows 7 saying my Logos 4 Indexer has stopped working.   What are the exact steps that I need to take to delete my LibraryIndex directory so that it can rebuild from scratch?

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 8:36 AM

Dennis Shackleford:

I am having the same problem after upgrading my Calvin Commentary set.  I get an error message in Windows 7 saying my Logos 4 Indexer has stopped working.   What are the exact steps that I need to take to delete my LibraryIndex directory so that it can rebuild from scratch?

The command rebuild index should work, though it takes a very long time.

(Others have found that (rarely), the even more radical step of deleting the entire index folder is required. )

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 10:46 AM

I ended up deleting the index folder and rebuilding it from scratch.  Works fine now.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 11:43 AM

Dennis Shackleford:

Delete the files in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<random>\LibraryIndex (Vista/Win7). The AppData folder is hidden so you will have to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to navigate to it.

Posts 5
Dennis Shackleford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 9:23 PM

Thanks!  I had no idea where to find the files that needed to be deleted. 

Posts 4
Suzanne Zampella | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:58 AM

Thanks for the information, all.  I am now rebuilding my index to see if that solves the problem.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS