uk people

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 23 2016 4:40 PM

I've just seen some of the results from the EU Referendum and they are going against the prediction of an remain. There is no way of knowing what is going to happen but the GBP:USD has started to crash. I have a little spare cash so I've put some money into book cashe to ensure my costs at logos are stable over the next couple of months in my payment plans. I'm not saying do this or don't do this but I am saying it would be wise stewardship to watch this situation :-) 

Posts 2839
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 6:52 PM

I should have done something similar while the Euro was strong...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 2859
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2016 11:49 PM

Too late now the people of the UK have already decided & the effects are already being felt. Logos has just become a little more expensive.Crying 

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 4:05 AM

Ted Hans:

Too late now the people of the UK have already decided & the effects are already being felt. Logos has just become a little more expensive.Crying 

Yep, I think everything is 10-15% more expensive now than 6 hours ago :-( 

Posts 2839
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 4:14 AM

Don't worry. I'm sure your bank will use the exchange rate at the point in time when they actually settle the payment - which would be around now for orders made 6 hours ago. Tongue Tied

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 5:27 AM

Jan Krohn:

Don't worry. I'm sure your bank will use the exchange rate at the point in time when they actually settle the payment - which would be around now for orders made 6 hours ago. Tongue Tied

I managed to buy some credit when the exchange rate was 1:50 :-)  The long term forecast is for things to stabilize out and return to normal. I hope it does for you guys as well. 

Posts 946
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 9:53 AM

I don't really care that Logos is a little more expensive for us Brits now.

But I do care about is my nation

The British people have spoken.

We need to pray for healing in our divided nation, after the very divisive debate.

We need to pray for good government , good leaders with great skill and vision who will care about all the people in our nation.

We need to pray for our friends in Europe, many of whom will be feeling betrayed or hurt by our decision.

We need to pray for the church that it will be united and be a source of healing for our nation. That Christ will be faithfully proclaimed and many come to faith.

In JESUS Name

Amen

P A

Posts 12243
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 10:45 AM

A good prayer, P A. Amen to you from a European!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1126
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 11:01 AM

I was sorry for our brothers and sisters in the uk. But we always need to pray for our leaders, in every country.

But at the same time we need to remember Romans 13:1 All leaders are appointed by God, I am American but I am also concerned for who our new leader will be both are not looking the best, for us it may be the less of the two evils.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 11:12 AM

Congratulations to you Brits who are disentangling your country from a situation which was becoming oppressive.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 11:18 AM

Lee:

I was sorry for our brothers and sisters in the uk. But we always need to pray for our leaders, in every country.

But at the same time we need to remember Romans 13:1 All leaders are appointed by God, I am American but I am also concerned for who our new leader will be both are not looking the best, for us it may be the less of the two evils.

The big problem we have is that we don't know who our leaders are yet and different parts of the country have different leaders wanting to go their own way. The Scottish first minister wants to go for independence, our PM has resigned, there may be a general election, the current leader of the opposition is under political threat and our economy is crashing. God is in charge though so it will all work out in the way he wants.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 11:20 AM

George Somsel:

Congratulations to you Brits who are disentangling your country from a situation which was becoming oppressive.

It may be that the new government that imposes itself upon us becomes even more oppressive than the EU though 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 11:38 AM

May I make a gentle reminder that the forums are not a place to discuss politics? 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2859
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 12:10 PM

Matthew C Jones:

May I make a gentle reminder that the forums are not a place to discuss politics? 

Yes. Many thanks for the gentle reminder I was going to post the same.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 12:11 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Good reminder.... it is enough to say and i do not think partisan to say prayers are needed in this time of change. There will be big changes over the next few years to be certain.

-Dan

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 3:01 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Thank you Matthew, I only had a couple of hours sleep last night and lost focus but thank you for fetching me back.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 3:07 PM

Hey,  I believe prayer is in order; prayer for the UK, the EU, the US and just about everybody else. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9701
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 6:10 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Hey,  I believe prayer is in order; prayer for the UK, the EU, the US and just about everybody else. 

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3105
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2016 8:34 PM

All the talk down here now is "Texit".

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 5:20 AM

Matthew C Jones:

YesYesSmileYesYes

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS