Error in Sacred Books of the East

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31933
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 25 2016 1:44 AM

In merging volumes, the distinction between the Texts of Taoism vs. Texts of Confucianism was lost ... volumes 39/40 are Taoism as indicated in the original publication.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1487
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:16 AM

It took me awhile but I see what you mean. I want to avoid cluttering the screen any more than it is. Would changing the subtitle from "The texts of Confucianism" to "The Texts of Confucianism and Taoism" work?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:36 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

It took me awhile but I see what you mean. I want to avoid cluttering the screen any more than it is. Would changing the subtitle from "The texts of Confucianism" to "The Texts of Confucianism and Taoism" work?

What was in the print edition?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1487
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:42 AM

George Somsel:

Kyle G. Anderson:

The Confucianism texts have a subtitle of "The Text of Confucianism" and the Taoism texts have a subtitle of "The Texts of Taoism". A combined subtitle of "The Texts of Confucianism and Taoism" seemed logical enough to me.

Posts 31933
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 1:43 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Would changing the subtitle from "The texts of Confucianism" to "The Texts of Confucianism and Taoism" work?

No, because it would assume that the reader knew which were Confucian and which were Taoist ... which I don't believe is a safe assumption. I would have made them separate volumes but its a bit late for that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 3:57 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

George Somsel:

Kyle G. Anderson:

The Confucianism texts have a subtitle of "The Text of Confucianism" and the Taoism texts have a subtitle of "The Texts of Taoism". A combined subtitle of "The Texts of Confucianism and Taoism" seemed logical enough to me.

The subtitle for the Taoist works below (Volume 39, Page i) seems larger and in a different font.  Could the two subtitles be made to match in style?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1487
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2016 3:25 PM

We made some small changes that will make the Confucianism/Taoism distinction more apparent. The update will be out in the next two weeks.

Posts 1453
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2016 1:45 PM

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS