Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Alex Foo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 25 2016 6:41 PM

hi all, can anyone help to check my code at 

http://gospelmalaysia.weebly.com/doctrine.html

I've tried embedding script inside, but it's not showing up.

Kindly help. Thank you =)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2016 8:11 PM

OK, I've looked at it, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing (or what is missing from what I'm seeing).  Can you be a bit more specific?

BTW:  Does everything have to begin "We teach …"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2
Alex Foo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 12:01 AM

according to reftagger function, when a user mouseover the verse, it should show a tooltip with the full verse coming up.

But it's not working in my website =(

P/S: yes, it needs to be 'we teach', as the originals is from gty.org

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 12:36 AM

Now that I know what to look for, I can confirm that it isn't working.  I've never used Reftagger so I went to the Reftagger site (www.reftagger.com) to see what its use entailed.  Have you checked https://reftagger.com/documentation/

"I followed the instructions to copy the code but it isn’t working. What else can I do?

1. Check to make sure that the JavaScript code is in the footer, preferably immediately before the closing </body> tag. Reftagger will only search for references in text that come before the JavaScript code.
  2. Make sure your browser supports JavaScript, and that JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings.
  3. Check to see if you have restricted Reftagger from searching the HTML tag that the Bible reference appears in. For example, if the reference appears in a bold <b> or <strong> tag, ensure that you did not select “Bold” from the list of tags in the preferences.
  4. Reftagger may not work when testing HTML pages on your local machine. If it has not been configured as a web server, you may see the message, “Sorry. This reference could not be loaded at this time,” when the mouse hovers over the reference hyperlink. Load the code to your website and test it there instead."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:14 AM

The reason that no popups are appearing is that all of your Bible references are already links, and RefTagger will not modify any existing hyperlinks on your page. To address this, remove the link tags from around your Bible references.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS