End of Community Pricing?

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 58 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 689
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 27 2016 9:23 PM

Old time users, can you recall those posts about "get your bid in quickly before these public domain books close and go into production"?

It used to be that this was the case about several books on a weekly basis. Now, it seems like hardly any books are working their way through community pricing.

Have all the useful public domain books already been produced? Or, is there another reason why community pricing is a fizzling out format?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 9:39 PM

Good question. I am going to sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1120
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:00 AM

Ted 

It may be that with so many bundles of resources making the price higher many users don't want to bid. 

I would rather be able to get a few resources that really want, than for example 10 that i want and 90 I care for in a bundle.. Even if the handful I want cost just a little bit more.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 3:28 AM

Ted Weis:
Have all the useful public domain books already been produced? Or, is there another reason why community pricing is a fizzling out format?

I too have pondered about this as it has been some time since any new Community Pricing resources were added. I could be wrong, but I think the last public domain resource added was on March 27th.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:18 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I too have pondered about this as it has been some time since any new Community Pricing resources were added.

Don't you remember that they culled the list? It isn't strange that they haven't added any (or many) until others go through.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 4:21 AM

alabama24:

Bruce Dunning:
I too have pondered about this as it has been some time since any new Community Pricing resources were added.

Don't you remember that they culled the list? It isn't strange that they haven't added any (or many) until others go through.

I thought it was pre-pubs they culled.

Posts 1113
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:24 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I too have pondered about this as it has been some time since any new Community Pricing resources were added. I could be wrong, but I think the last public domain resource added was on March 27th.

I don't remember the exact date, but it's certainly been a while.

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 5:55 AM

Uhh... You're right. Embarrassed

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:01 AM

alabama24:

Bruce Dunning:

I didn't think that was the case.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 6:03 AM

alabama24:

Uhh... You're right. Embarrassed

Oops. I see that you acknowledged that.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:10 PM

Ted Weis:

Old time users, can you recall those posts about "get your bid in quickly before these public domain books close and go into production"?

It used to be that this was the case about several books on a weekly basis. Now, it seems like hardly any books are working their way through community pricing.

I've been around since 2008 so maybe I am an old time user.....Regardless, I do remember weekly releases of CP titles. I think we all have noticed the decline of output from Community Pricing. This could be related to the cuts in staff or maybe not. I like to think there has been a refocusing on tagging efforts. It is also possible the cause is external. Maybe there is a lack of interest or financial support to push the CP titles into production. All we can do is bid and hope.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:22 PM

Matthew C Jones:
I've been around since 2008 so maybe I am an old time user....

Now you make me feel ancient since i have been a user since 2005 and active in the Logos news before they had an internet forum.

-Dan

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:27 PM

Dan Francis:

Matthew C Jones:
I've been around since 2008 so maybe I am an old time user....

Now you make me feel ancient since i have been a user since 2005 and active in the Logos news before they had an internet forum.

-Dan

Cheer up Dan, I am one year older than you. User since 2004.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 33849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:34 PM

Newbies ... I go back to the prior century ... with admittedly a bit of a break ...Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 3:55 AM

MJ. Smith:
I go back to the prior century

Yikes...I'm in the same boat as you.

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 11:58 AM

There's currently 444 open community pricing items. That's much more than some years ago.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:20 PM

Mikko Paavola:

There's currently 444 open community pricing items. That's much more than some years ago.

Community Pricing has become the dinosaur tar pits of Faithlife; titles go in but rarely come out.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:29 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Community Pricing has become the dinosaur tar pits of Faithlife; titles go in but rarely come out.

Big Smile That made me laugh out loud.

Posts 1113
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:54 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Let's just hope it doesn't turn into the Black Flag Roach Motel of Faithlife: "titles check in, but they don't check out."

Stick out tongue

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 1:28 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Mikko Paavola:

Thankfully the faithlife crane occasionally drags one out... like the The Sacred Books of the East (50 vols.) that was just released. it had never got close to the required amounts... but I am guessing it was seen as too key a work for the NOET crowd not to be done. Although that is just speculation on my part.

-Dan

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS