Updates to Faithlife TV Roku Channel

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 30 2016 5:14 PM

Hello,

I'd like to highlight some of the recent updates we've shipped to the Roku channel.

New screensaver

• The Faithlife TV screensaver featuring beautiful Bible verse art is available under Roku's Settings > Screensaver menu.

Bug fixes and improvements

• Improved fast forward and rewind speeds. You now have the option to fast forward and rewind much more rapidly.
  • Startup time has decreased by 50% (or more on some devices) and should continue to get faster in the future.
  • Fixed crashes affecting Faithlife TV Plus subscribers on Roku 2.
  • Fixed overlapping 16:9 video thumbnails.
  • Fixed multiple standard definition display problems.
  • Fixed multiple crashes caused by out-of-memory errors for users with large content libraries.

Coming up next

Thank you for all your feedback already in this forum. Please continue to let us know your thoughts and stay tuned for more updates!

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2016 6:00 PM

Yes Thank you. I'll check the changes out on our Roku 1.

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 11 2016 2:45 PM

Patrick Nausha:

Coming up next

The Recently Watched feature has shipped today in the latest update to the Faithlife TV Roku channel. It behaves similarly to the Recently Watched category on faithlifetv.com.

Let us know how Recently Watched works for you!

Blessings,

Patrick

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 47
Cale Judd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 2:20 PM

Recently Watched seems to be working for me.

Posts 25
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:43 AM

The Faithlife screensaver for Roku has not been working for me for a few months now. [It did this before; stopped working and then started working again after a few weeks, but this has been much, much longer.]

I have both a Roku 2 and a Roku 3, and it's the same on both.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Scott

Posts 67
Barron1961 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 2:59 AM

I have an issue with the Faithlife TV app on my Roku Premier that I find very annoying. Whenever I watch a video on the app, when the video finishes playing I am unable to get back to the main menu using the back button on the remote. Once I have finished watching a video if I want to watch another one, I have to go back to the Roku Home Screen,, reselect the Faithlife TV app and go back to the Faithlife TV home screen that way. This gets to be very annoying very quickly, especially when there are multiple videos in a series, such as in the Jesus and Archaeologo videos. Am I doing something wrong? IS there another way to get back to the Faithlife Home Screen besides using the back button (this is how I do it on ALL of the Roku Premier TV apps)? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? I don't have this problem with any other app on my Roku Premier.

Posts 2051
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:32 PM

Scott E. Heitshusen:
The Faithlife screensaver for Roku has not been working for me for a few months now.

I went to change the Screensaver on my Roku 3 today and saw the Faithlife TV option. Unfortunately, it does not work. I removed the Faithlife apps and reinstalled but that didn't help. Anyone working on this? I'm being tempted to install that Beautiful Butts screensaver listed in the Roku store, so please fix it this and save me from temptation! Surprise

Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 6:16 AM

Any updates on this?  Somehow I missed this forum post.  I'll have to check my roku for the screen saver feature later tonight

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS