Moody Titles

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2772
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 10:45 AM

A shame. If it's coming to Logos, that's worth a wait. Bought a print copy for my wife. Really good.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 11:02 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
They'll also be available for individual purchase, so you'll be able to buy only a ones you're missing and not repurchase them all in the collection.

I have searched the Logos.com website for John MacArthur's New Testament Commentaries to no avail. I did find Moody as publisher but no Mac NTC. Can someone give me a link or is it not listed yet?

Thanks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1120
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 11:32 AM
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 12:04 PM

Great news. Glad they are back. Looking forward to get a properly tagged version of the Moody Bible Commentary. The Vyso version just makes that a welcome release when it gets done.

Agree, this is one go only ten Moody published books I have.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 1:13 PM

I think "be available" is the key phrase as opposed to are avaialable. They are very slowly adding new titles. Looks like they just added the set and are slowing adding the individual ones. 

Posts 8484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:05 PM

alabama24:

Beloved:
Would you please link to the title you reference.

It was the most expensive Vyrso title I have ever purchased... at over $20. Smile

I preordered mine for $20 and it still the most I've spent on a Vyrso resource. Well worth the money!

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:22 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
They'll also be available for individual purchase, so you'll be able to buy only a ones you're missing and not repurchase them all in the collection.

I have searched the Logos.com website for John MacArthur's New Testament Commentaries to no avail. I did find Moody as publisher but no Mac NTC. Can someone give me a link or is it not listed yet?

Thanks.

https://www.logos.com/product/121460/the-macarthur-new-testament-commentary-series

Posts 4776
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:45 PM

Neat! The Matthew commentary in print is 4 volumes but Here it is only one book. Is it the entire gospel of Matthew?

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:47 PM

Mattillo:

Neat! The Matthew commentary in print is 4 volumes but Here it is only one book. Is it the entire gospel of Matthew?

The Logos edition includes all four of the print volumes (which cover all of Matthew) in a single resource.

Posts 8484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:52 PM

Matthew Miller:

Mattillo:

The Logos edition includes all four of the print volumes (which cover all of Matthew) in a single resource.

The Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul P. Enns please! (Bump)

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 5:40 PM

DAL:

Umm, I probably shouldn't say this but: while that book is beautifully laid out and designed, it is full of inaccuracies and is largely unreliable.

Posts 263
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 5:48 PM

Sean:

DAL:

Umm, I probably shouldn't say this but: while that book is beautifully laid out and designed, it is full of inaccuracies and is largely unreliable.

I'm interested in a resource like that.  What would your suggestion be for a more accurate alternative?

Posts 4776
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:02 PM

Sean:

DAL:

Please explain

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:48 PM

Mattillo:

Sean:

DAL:

Please explain

Mostly too much reliance on secondary and tertiary source rather than primaries. Some sections are better than others, and not everyone is given a fair presentation. This early paragraph also always makes me sputter:

Christian theology is another categorization that is sometimes used synonymously with systematic theology. The most recent work by Millard J. Erickson is so designated. Theological books by Emery H. Bancroft and H. Orton Wiley are other examples. While also systematizing theology, this designation emphasizes that it is written from a decidedly Christian perspective (but not suggesting that works designated systematic theology are not).

But seriously, the book is laid out superbly, and I don't know of another that covers the same range of topics at a similar level of depth. Unfortunately, though, if it's the only source someone reads about certain theological systems, he's going to be left with some wrong impressions.

Just my 2 cents. If it were up on logos.com I'd probably eventually leave a review. Wink

Posts 4776
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:53 PM

Thank you sir. What are your other recommendations then

Posts 537
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:57 PM

I like to hear your recommendations Sean. Thanks!

Posts 8484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 7:09 PM

Mattillo:

Sean:

DAL:

Please explain

He might mean that the book does not agree with his own "theology" that's all.

DAL

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 7:15 PM

Mattillo:

Thank you sir. What are your other recommendations then

Primary sources are of course best--many, many summaries of Karl Barth, for example, get a lot wrong (on the other hand, how many people have the patience to wade through his 9,000 pages?) Excellent are 20th Century Theology and The Story of Christian Theology by Roger Olson, but unfortunately they're not in Logos. The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology is also quite good. It's actually more an encyclopedia than a dictionary but is one of the best theological references around. The individual authors of the articles are usually sympathetic to their topics and give them a fair treatment.

Posts 537
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 7:34 PM

Thanks Sean!

Posts 2205
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 7:45 PM

You can find all the new Moody titles we're posting at https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Moody.

Posts 1602
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:57 PM

Attn: Phil Gons (Faithlife)

Why is LUKE 6-10 in The MacArthur New Testament Commentary Series on PRE-ORDER???????

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS