What are your uservoice strategies?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 221
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 2 2010 11:17 AM

If you don't already know - Logos has recently started a new experiment in obtaining customer feedback - check it out at http://logos.uservoice.com/

You only have 10 votes and you can only allocate a maximum of 3 votes per option - so I'm curious about how people are bidding. My current theory is that the leading options are already getting plenty of votes. I tend to be agreement with the ones that are at the top  so I'm focusing my votes and the lower tier issues and bumping up the ones that I think merit more attention.

How about other people?

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 10596
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 4:59 AM

Jeremy White:
My current theory is that the leading options are already getting plenty of votes. I tend to be agreement with the ones that are at the top  so I'm focusing my votes and the lower tier issues and bumping up the ones that I think merit more attention.

My strategy is similar, but if everyone shifts their votes to those, the top ones will lose status.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 5:44 AM

IMHO the problem with that is that it lessens the urgency that is inherent in a large number of votes for a particular item. These are not do we do these. These are what order we do these enhancements as evidenced by people putting suggestions on there that Logos has already said is in the pipe line. I want to see a few front runners so Logos has a clear indication that these need to be fixed as soon as possible. So, for the most part, I am voting in blocks of 3 for the features that I find important. Once those are addressed, then I will be able to move my votes to other things.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:25 AM

I just voted for my favorites. Some were winning, others are further down the pack.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 10:30 AM

I believe the Logos program will someday be the best and most useful bible study program on the market.

I want to help that usefulness as much as possible.  I look at the things that are missing from the program that I need the most, the things that I believe will be the most useful to myself and others, I than spent 9 of my bids on the top 3 items because I want Logos to see where I believe Logos is the weakest, so they know what to work on first!

When a trained pro athletes after each competition the first thing we did was examine which areas caused us the most problems in our competition.  Whatever caused us to lose the most points to our competition was the area we worked on the most.  We always worked on our weakest point the most and put our main effort in that area.  The results were always the same even if lost the next competion it was by less points.  We kept this up until one the athletes was 5 time national champion.

I believe logos will use this list as a gage to know what their weakest link is and fix it, if they do they will make the most improvement the quickest if they have honest results, so please tell them which areas need to be fixed the most!

By the way for sports fans here is a link to the athlete I refered to, a mountain biker that does extreme riding, I hope you enjoy it. http://www.vanschoonhovenhorseshoeing.com/Xtreme_Jeremy.html

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:20 PM

Jeremy White:

If you don't already know - Logos has recently started a new experiment in obtaining customer feedback - check it out at http://logos.uservoice.com/

You only have 10 votes and you can only allocate a maximum of 3 votes per option - so I'm curious about how people are bidding. My current theory is that the leading options are already getting plenty of votes. I tend to be agreement with the ones that are at the top  so I'm focusing my votes and the lower tier issues and bumping up the ones that I think merit more attention.

How about other people?

Jeremy,

I think this is missing the whole point of this exercise. It is not for us to tell Logos all the things we would like, but what we believe is most important to us. As time goes one and things from out list get implemented we will get votes back to use on other items. If users honestly tell Logos what their most urgent requests are, Logos will have information that is truly useful, if however people are trying to play tricks with the system (the worse example being people logging on under different user names to stuff the ballot box) the information Logos will glean from this will be less valuable.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:40 PM

I think that everybody should just go on and vote for my idea: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/509803-make-an-intelligent-flash-card-program-for-vocab-?ref=title

It would bring a great deal of value to the application especially for beginning language students for memorization of vocab lists.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 221
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 3:28 PM

Keith Larson:
I think this is missing the whole point of this exercise. It is not for us to tell Logos all the things we would like, but what we believe is most important to us.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree that we shouldn't be trying to game the system - but when I look at some of the options available for voting I'm kind of inclined to think about it a little more. For instance, I personally agree that for right now, the top four items are the ones that need to be addressed but let's look at them :

1. Print function - already promised and on the road map for 2nd quarter http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures (and so far it looks like Logos is going to be able deliver on everything promised for this quarter so hopefully they'll be still on track for the next things on the list) And I've lost count of the number of threads of people lamenting the lack of printing ability so it's not as if Logos is not aware of the opinion of its userbase on this matter.

2. PBB - Again - promised for 2nd quarter and discussed at length in these very forums.

3. Formatting - At least the basics are already in the beta - with hopefully more to come soon - I think that particular request needs to broken down into its constituent parts to be more effective.

4. Performance issues - As one poster pointed out that this should be an never ending ongoing pursuit of the developers. As such, at what point would this be taken of the list as "completed"?

For most other companies for which I participate in this sort of thing, the focus is on *new* functionality ideas - a la Jacob's flash card suggestion. Logos has other means to get feedback about the immediate concerns of users but this is a much more effective tool to gauge user interest in future functionality. For instance, compare the ability to quantify support for different new functions using uservoice or something like it versus Bob putting a post up on board soliciting ideas on how to spend a million dollars. As interesting reading that it was it doesn't really indicate the level of support for one idea over another,

Beyond that, my original post was more for curiosity as to were people picking 3 items and putting the max 3 votes on them or picking 10 items to place one vote on - that sort of thing.

The other "agenda" was also to make sure that people knew about it. There are close to 20,000 people registered in this forum now and currently the highest issue has only 247 vote which could equal as less than 100 people bothering to vote. So if you haven't bid at uservoice yet, please go and make your voice heard and check back every now and then.

You know what would be another great use of a website like uservoice - is to rank ideas for community publishing. - but that's another thread :)

Posts 221
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 3:31 PM

Sorry, just another thought. It's interesting to me to look at the missing features road map and compare it the items that have so far received the most votes and it would seem Logos is already pretty good and knowing what is most important to the most number of its users. So kudos to them.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS