Sort Clippings has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 132
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 13 2016 8:15 PM

I use Logos' clipping function to cull information for my research papers. I add a clipping, then I tag the clipping I have added. Then when I am ready to pull my clippings to do my writing I sort (Cntrl F) and then enter the tag I am working on and it sorts showing only the clippings with that tag. Until today. Now I open up the search window, enter my tag, but I can't run the search - the search icon doesn't appear only the "x" delete icon appears. I did a screenprint so you can "see" what I am referring to. Anyone else having this problem?
http://screencast.com/t/lRo0nv0n5iG5

James

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:21 AM

The screen cast isn't conclusive as there is no context outside the "Find" box. The Find box will automatically locate the clipping(s) as you type and show an empty panel if there is no match; which could be what your screen cast is attempting to show?

Remember that a new tag will take a couple of minutes to be 'indexed', so that it can be found.

What do you mean by Search icon?  What version of Logos and OS?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 132
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 10:41 AM

Here is a larger view

http://screencast.com/t/zXqacewkP

As you can see, I entered Strauss (one of the tags) and it didn't pull up the strauss entries, it still showed the Reimarus tags (there aren't any entries with both). Up until the last version when I entered a tag the content window would filter just the entries with that tag.

James

Posts 2152
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 10:47 AM

The Find tool not only looks for matches in the tags, but also in the body of the clipping. In your screenshot, the content contains "Strauss". This is why it's being displayed.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS