Changing Scrolling

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 32
Mike Cleveland | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 15 2016 7:28 PM

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if you can change the scrolling in Logos desktop (latest version) so as to not scroll as much with each move of the mouse. In other words right now when I roll my mouse wheel it will scroll almost an entire page, as opposed to when I scroll on a webpage it will scroll the page just a line or two. 

Is it possible to change the amount of scrolling in Logos?

Thank you.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 7:53 PM

The problem is that you have columns set to "1" or more. "Scrolling mode" is columns set to "none"

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 32
Mike Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 8:45 PM

Thank you. It's good to know what the problem is. Now if anyone has a solution I'd appreciate it. Thanks again.

Posts 32
Mike Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 8:55 PM

ah, nevermind I found out how to change the columns, but unfortunately they were already set to "none". So that's not the problem after all. I also tried all other settings, and none of them allowed scrolling only a line or two at a time, all of them scroll nearly the whole page.

Does anyone else have a solution to this?

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 10:24 PM

I don't have the problem on many resources ... but have you tried clicking on the arrowhead at the bottom of the scroll bar? I find it gives me finer control of the scrolling.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32
Mike Cleveland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 15 2016 10:28 PM

That definitely slows down the scrolling, but requires much clicking. Thank you for your input.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 5:52 AM

Are you on Mac or Windows? Which version? What type of device are you using for scrolling?

It would be best for this to be moved to the L6 forum, since you are asking a question about the desktop application. The "general" forum is typically for questions about resources. A forum moderator may move this so you can get the help you need.

Posts 6
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 7:29 AM

I have a related question: is there a way to set Logos to scroll (using a mouse wheel) one verse at a time when viewing Bible text? Sometimes I want the first line of a verse at the top of the window (to trigger alignment with other resources), but it requires typing in the exact verse number and hitting Enter to do that. To be able to scroll with the mouse one verse at time (or even one line of text at a time) would be better.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 10:01 AM

Welcome David! 

David McClister:
is there a way to set Logos to scroll (using a mouse wheel) one verse at a time when viewing Bible text?

I don't know, but the scrolling is smooth using my trackpad on my MacBook. I assume you are using a windows computer? Have you tried adjusting settings on windows? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 10:22 AM

Mike Cleveland:
Is it possible to change the amount of scrolling in Logos?

What is the Mouse Properties setting for Wheel ?

Windows Control Panel has vertical scrolling option for # of lines OR One screen at a time.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 12:09 PM

David McClister:

I have a related question: is there a way to set Logos to scroll (using a mouse wheel) one verse at a time when viewing Bible text? Sometimes I want the first line of a verse at the top of the window (to trigger alignment with other resources), but it requires typing in the exact verse number and hitting Enter to do that. To be able to scroll with the mouse one verse at time (or even one line of text at a time) would be better.

Welcome to the forums.

Have you found the arrows highlighted here?

Posts 6
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 6:28 PM

I have the scrolling set to one line. Here is what I am still getting (note the top line of the center column NASB text half obscured):

Posts 6
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 6:28 PM

Jonathan, there are no such arrows for my NASB text. Any ideas?

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2016 6:58 PM

David McClister:

Jonathan, there are no such arrows for my NASB text. Any ideas?

You need to turn on "show locator bar." That is found in the resource menu (book cover, upper left corner of panel). 

Posts 6
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:52 AM

Thanks. That works, but it is still not quite what I was hoping for. I would like to be able to scroll through a Biblical text a line or verse at a time with the mouse wheel and not have to click each time.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:30 AM

David McClister:

Thanks. That works, but it is still not quite what I was hoping for. I would like to be able to scroll through a Biblical text a line or verse at a time with the mouse wheel and not have to click each time.

I don't know windows, but I don't think this is a Logos issue (as long as you have columns set to "none"). I would try different input devices, drivers, windows settings, etc. 

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:38 AM

alabama24:

David McClister:

I don't know windows, but I don't think this is a Logos issue (as long as you have columns set to "none"). I would try different input devices, drivers, windows settings, etc. 

On Windows I'm not aware of any mechanism to force scrolling to just one line / verse when using the mouse wheel (this is even with Columns set to None)

It can seem to track for a time but eventually you get to a point where parts of lines are obscured etc.

It may be possible to affect this by adjusting scaling etc but I don't know of any way to get what you want via scrolling.

Alabama - are you sure it works fine on Mac?

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:57 AM

Graham Criddle:
Alabama - are you sure it works fine on Mac?

I don't use a mouse. I use a trackpad. It scrolls smooth like butter, with fine control. 

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:03 AM

alabama24:
I don't use a mouse. I use a trackpad. It scrolls smooth like butter, with fine control.

Thanks - that's probably the difference.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:10 AM

Graham Criddle:
Thanks - that's probably the difference.

Perhaps, but there are mice that use trackpad tech too (i.e. MagicMouse), so again, try using a different input device. Or better, buy a Mac. Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS