Crossway Commentary Upgrade (4 vols)

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 726
JH | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:25 PM

When I ordered this collection, the price was $13.05. See below.

When it shipped today, I was charged $19.99. Is anyone else seeing this price disparity?

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:30 PM

JH, thanks for pointing this out. We'll get it fixed.

Posts 440
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 5:41 PM

JH,

I had the same problem with my order today too!

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 6:16 PM

Me too - also charged $19.99, my purchase price in PrePub was $13.05. Do you need me to post/send a copy of the prepub email order?

Posts 536
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 6:20 PM

The same here.

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 7:57 PM
I am having the same experience. I was charged $19.99 and not the $13.05 price.
Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 7:58 PM

All,

My apologies for the second error in as many weeks on product dynamic pricing. Not to sound redundant, but this was not an error in the Dynamic Pricing engine but a flawed data entry on my part. 

If you would like a refund for the $6.94 over charge, please contact customer service.

If you're ok with Logos Credit, I'll issue that to you tomorrow. Thanks again for your grace!

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:16 PM

How do we do this? ... contacting customer service? is there an email other than the generic sales@?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:38 PM

I ordered the Pre-Pub for this upgrade on May 12, 2016.  At that time it was dynamically priced at $10.53.  I spoke to Customer Service today wondering why I was billed $19.99.  I forwarded my email order confirmation as proof to backup my claim that I ordered it at $10.53.  Although not yet resolved, I know that the Customer Service person I was speaking with is handling a credit for the difference.  (I already owned the 3-volume Acts commentary and was looking for just the 2 Samuel book.)

However, now I realize from reading this thread late this evening that others of you ordered this set at a dynamic price of $13.05.  So I did a quick search through my emails and realized that on July 5, 2016 I received one of the "...about to begin processing..." emails.  Suddenly the dynamic price in the email was up to $13.05!  And NO mention of what I originally ordered it at or that the price had gone up!  I normally ignore these 'about to ship' emails because I am typically never interested in cancelling a Pre-Pub that is about to ship.

What is up?

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:39 PM

Martin Folley:

How do we do this? ... contacting customer service? is there an email other than the generic sales@?

Thanks.

I use...

customerservice@faithlife.com

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 1:57 AM

Matthew Miller:

If you're ok with Logos Credit, I'll issue that to you tomorrow. Thanks again for your grace!

I had this issue also, and Logos Credit is fine with me.

Posts 1090
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 2:14 AM

I can't find Matthew's email address so here's my tail of woe as well :)

I preordered https://www.logos.com/product/120002/tong and recently received an email saying that they had added a book and the prepub price would change. It had to my advantage of about a dollar, down to $105.92 because I already own the new book. Yet today when I look at my list of orders it shows that I preordered it at $112.93. I'm not as concerned about price changes due to resource changes as I am of changing the past, especially without notification. In other words I didn't order for that price on that date but the computer believes I did. This would see to be everyone's problem in this thread as well.

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 2:25 AM

firstname.lastname@faithlife.com works for most Faithlife staff.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 2:54 AM

In case anyone is confused by the product page, when looking for the Book of Acts by Martyn Lloyd-Jones:

1. The product page in one place says "Please note: this commentary is three volumes but will download to your software as a single resource." and in another place it says, "Please note: Acts covers chapter 1–16 and will download to your software as six separate resources.". It will download as 6 resources.

2. The resource shows as the title Acts: Chapters 1–16 (3 vols.) by Martyn Lloyd-Jones. That is NOT its title at least in Logos. If you had already purchased it for example, and were looking to find it, it is under the title of 6 unique names: Authentic Christianity, Compelling Christianity, Courageous Christianity, Glorious Christianity, Triumphant Christianity, and Victorious Christianity. They are marked as a series "Studies in the Book of Acts" and are Bible Commentary type.

Enjoy!

Posts 173
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 3:50 AM

Hi Matthew, is the Logos credit going to be issued for automatically  for all customers that have been charged the wrong amount of $19.99, or does each customer need to contact customer services?

Thanks, Jim

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 5:16 AM
I am not sure what my pre-pub price was originally. I stay up to date on the Preaching the Word series. I am not sure why others are expecting a $13.05 pre-pub price. So, I am not sure if I should have had that price or not. However, what I do know is that I do not have the Acts resource by Jones in my library. Would you look into this and make things right? Thanks Matthew PS. Is it all of Acts or just 1-16?
Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:15 AM

Each customer who is eligible will be extended credit automatically, unless they want a cash refund. If customers want a refund to their credit card, they'll need to contact customer service. 

As others have noted the Lloyd-Jones commentary downloads as six resource with the following titles:

• Authentic Christianity
  • Compelling Christianity
  • Courageous Christianity
  • Glorious Christianity
  • Triumphant Christianity
  • Victorious Christianity

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 8:25 AM

Don Awalt:

Me too - also charged $19.99, my purchase price in PrePub was $13.05. Do you need me to post/send a copy of the prepub email order?

If you'd like a refund to your card, please contact customer service. If Logos Credit, it will be applied to your account shortly.

Posts 713
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 9:09 AM

Tom Reynolds:

I can't find Matthew's email address so here's my tail of woe as well :)

I preordered https://www.logos.com/product/120002/tong and recently received an email saying that they had added a book and the prepub price would change. It had to my advantage of about a dollar, down to $105.92 because I already own the new book. Yet today when I look at my list of orders it shows that I preordered it at $112.93. I'm not as concerned about price changes due to resource changes as I am of changing the past, especially without notification. In other words I didn't order for that price on that date but the computer believes I did. This would see to be everyone's problem in this thread as well.

Hi Tom,

Would you be able to send me a screenshot/forward the e-mail(thomas.reiter@faithlife.com ) with the date/original price you were quoted? I'd love to chase down the issue here and investigate further, as this is the first I have heard in relation to any issue with this product (beyond as you mentioned the potential price change that was communicated in the e-mail when we added the additional resource).

Thank you so much,

Thomas

Manager, New Languages

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 9:21 AM

Michael McLane:
I am not sure what my pre-pub price was originally. I stay up to date on the Preaching the Word series. I am not sure why others are expecting a $13.05 pre-pub price. So, I am not sure if I should have had that price or not. However, what I do know is that I do not have the Acts resource by Jones in my library. Would you look into this and make things right? Thanks Matthew PS. Is it all of Acts or just 1-16?

Michael,

I looked into your order and the problems we experienced did not affect your order. 

The Acts commentary should appear in your software as the following titles:

• Authentic Christianity
  • Compelling Christianity
  • Courageous Christianity
  • Glorious Christianity
  • Triumphant Christianity
  • Victorious Christianity

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS