Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2016 5:39 PM

I have over 5500 available books through the Logos app on my iPad; however when I searched my entire library for "Deism" is came back with nothing. Now, I refuse to believe that with all the books and journals that I have that I don't have anything on deism, so perhaps I am doing something wrong. I searched "entire library" for "Deism" and nothing. 

Posts 33432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 5:52 PM

The easiest way to debug it is with a screen shot but:

1. look at the panel menu to make sure that Match all forms is on and Match case if off.

2. Look at the top of the search and check that you are doing a basic search against all text against all resources.

3. If none of the above solve the problem, I would suspect a bad index.  I'll give those instructions after to check the "simple" stuff.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 6:25 PM

A screen shot may be instructive. See this link: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

We're investigating.

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 6:27 PM

MJs suggestions relate to the desktop app as opposed to the iPad one.

It looks as though there is an issue with search in the mobile app at the moment - see screenshot below

Note it works fine when in airplane mode (when the search is done locally) so looks as though there is a problem on logos servers which are used to support mobile search 

Posts 33432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 6:31 PM

Graham Criddle:
MJs suggestions relate to the desktop app as opposed to the iPad one.

Oops - I screen iPad/iPhone out from my list but this slipped back in and I didn't notice. Sorry. Zip it!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Search should be working again now; we apologise for the interruption in service.

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 11:09 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Search should be working again now; we apologise for the interruption in service.

Workijg again - thanks Bradley

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:32 PM

Thanks, guys!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS