ROBERT L. THOMAS-REVELATION! Praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus!

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2016 8:21 PM

Have been waiting patiently for this resource to make its way back into LOGOS.

This is one of the best commentaries on the Book of Revelation. No other can hardly compare with Robert L. Thomas 2-volume commentary of this apocalyptic Book of Revelation.

The only other that can come close is John MacArthur's 2-volume commentary on Revelation.

I will definitely be purchasing this resource.

Thank you FAITHLIFE and LOGOS!

Praise the LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:01 PM

Too bad is premillennial...

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:09 PM

That's not bad at all DAL

That's good stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best there is !

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:15 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

I'm doing a study of the last things and from a research point of view it is very interesting :) But having been a Pentecostal in the past, I'm not too convinced with that view anymore. Too much fiction for my taste.

DAL

Posts 933
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:47 AM

Here's a link to the books for those sharing Kenute's enthusiasm :) https://www.logos.com/product/5283/an-exegetical-commentary-revelation

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 9:49 AM

Thank you for providing the link David Carter

In all of the excitement I forgot Big Smile

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 12:03 PM

Now I'm excited! Lol 😁

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 1:58 PM

I had this commentary several years ago and returned it. It's a shame it has the name exegetical in the title. It claimed a pretribulational rapture for Revelation 3:10. 

Posts 646
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 1:59 PM

The above is my opinion. 

Posts 3200
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 2:20 PM

DAL:

Kenute P. Curry:

I'm doing a study of the last things and from a research point of view it is very interesting :) But having been a Pentecostal in the past, I'm not too convinced with that view anymore. Too much fiction for my taste.

DAL

Me too!

Posts 450
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:37 PM

Thanks Kanute and David. You reminded me that I have the book in my library and must read it.  I'm looking forward to the pre-Tribulation rapture and its good to have more books on this issue. Keep well Paul

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:31 PM

Thank you Paul 

I concur with you. Am looking forward to that meeting in the air!

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:33 PM

I know that dynamic pricing isn't available now on this resource, but will it be available in the future???????

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 4:20 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

I know that dynamic pricing isn't available now on this resource, but will it be available in the future???????

What do you mean by dynamic pricing not being available on this resource?  Do you own one of the volumes?  If you own the second volume I would definitely be interested in what he has to say on the number of the beast (666).

DAL

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 5:19 PM

Hi DAL

I don't own any of the volumes as yet, but I think I am a little confused as to Dynamic Pricing; because I do own several volumes of The MacArthur New Testament Commentary, and there is no Dynamic Pricing on that set for me as well.

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 6:05 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

Hi DAL

I don't own any of the volumes as yet, but I think I am a little confused as to Dynamic Pricing; because I do own several volumes of The MacArthur New Testament Commentary, and there is no Dynamic Pricing on that set for me as well.

Ah ok, gotcha! From what I remember dynamic pricing should  be available some time later. Just hang in there 👍 As far as the Revelation commentary, you're going to have to buy that one at regular price, unless it goes on sale later.

DAL

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 8:19 PM

Thank you DAL for the explanation. It is much appreciated.

Posts 87
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 9:11 PM

Into Grace - It is certainly your prerogative to disagree with the theological/exegetical conclusions of the pre-trib/premillennialism position taken by this commentary. I personally oscillate in and out of the progressive dispensational view and a tenuous ground toward covanentalism. But I will call you out on your misrepresentation" (slander) concerning the exegetical nature of these volumes. Robert Thomas is a first-rate Greek scholar with impeccable exegetical skills. And those skills are evident in these commentaries. I think we can disagree with the conclusions of competant scholars without impugning the skills and effort of the work. 

For others, I f you are inclined to the Pretrib/premill view, this is the best exegetical commentary consistent with that view. And you won't find any Hal Lindsey hyperventilation here. If you are of a different persuasion, then this is the argument you want to understand from the dispensational view. 

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 5:54 AM

Thank you Rick Carmickle

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2016 8:59 AM

DAL:

DAL

If it makes you feel any better, I currently subscribe to premillennial dispensationalism - but have a strong dislike for the Left Behind series. Indeed, too much fiction. I hate how this theological position is identified more with its popular fiction works rather than it's academic works.

Also, Thomas' commentary on Revelation is pretty solid. I've owned it for some time now.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS