Compare L3 with L4 - missing books in L4?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 3 2010 6:42 AM

I have both L3 and L4 installed and the # of books in L4 is less than I see in L3 (after I've removed all the pbbs).

With L3 I can print the list of books (titles and locations) but I've not found a way to do so in L4 so that I can compare the two reports to identify the L3 files I need to copy into L4 before I remove L3 at some point in the future.

Thanks

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 7:34 AM

Lionel B Dyck:

I have both L3 and L4 installed and the # of books in L4 is less than I see in L3 (after I've removed all the pbbs).

With L3 I can print the list of books (titles and locations) but I've not found a way to do so in L4 so that I can compare the two reports to identify the L3 files I need to copy into L4 before I remove L3 at some point in the future.

Thanks

This has been discussed many times on these forums. The simple answer is that in L4 some multi-volume works are treated as one volume. But it's actually more complicated than that, since some L3 addins are now resources, but in L3 help files are also considered as resources. There are probably one or two other things that make these comparisons difficult.

The WIKI points to a tool by Mark Barnes that will give you a bibliography report. The Wiki article is here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Web-Based_Bibliographic_Report

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS