Getting more out of "Referred to as..."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 4 2016 2:51 AM

I am currently undertaking a study on the names and titles of Christ, and I find the "referred to as" section under "Jesus" in the Factbook as a really useful resource. However, I wondered if there is a way of expanding the graphs on the right-hand side; I'm trying to produce a table of names/titles and usage throughout the New Testament, and although it's possible to get the information it's a little challenging as the graphs are so small.

Any ideas?

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:02 AM

Drew:
I wondered if there is a way of expanding the graphs on the right-hand side;

I'm not aware of any way to do that

You could right-click on an entry and save the results as a Passage List - that might make things a little easier

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 5:02 AM

Graham Criddle:
You could right-click on an entry and save the results as a Passage List - that might make things a little easi

And from there you can export to Word, and from Word to Excel.

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 3:17 AM

Thanks for the ideas; I use the graphs quite a lot, and others will allow different views. Unfortunately, on my MacBook it's a little fiddly moving the cursor from one book to the next (to highlight occurrences in the book).

Do either of you know, when it states the number of occurrences in a book - does this refer to the number of occurrences in the original language (rather than the translation being used)?

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 5 2016 4:21 AM

Drew:
Do either of you know, when it states the number of occurrences in a book - does this refer to the number of occurrences in the original language (rather than the translation being used)?

It's an original language count - note instance of "the sovereign Lord" under "Master" in my screenshot above.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS