Logos 6 Maps Complete?

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 50 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 951
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 11:12 AM

Mattillo:

Any updates on getting the atlas completed and into the desktop version? This is isn't the right post because I had trouble finding it but I know some of the new maps are in the web app.

The desktop version is under active development, so I hope to be able to provide news soon.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 11:39 AM

I'm confused as to the current status of the L6 maps; which of the following is true?:

A. All the maps are available in the web app but only some in the desktop app

B. Some maps are available in the web app and some maps are available in the desktop app but neither platform has all the maps

CBetween the web app and the desktop app, all the maps are available

(Does any of this make any sense? Stick out tongue)

Posts 951
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 11:49 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

I'm confused as to the current status of the L6 maps; which of the following is true?:

A. All the maps are available in the web app but only some in the desktop app

B. Some maps are available in the web app and some maps are available in the desktop app but neither platform has all the maps

CBetween the web app and the desktop app, all the maps are available

(Does any of this make any sense? Stick out tongue)

B. Our total target is about 250 maps. We have about 200 maps currently available in on app.logos.com, and about 115 on the mobile apps, all in the newer vector format that is faster to load and zoom. We have somewhat fewer maps currently in the desktop app. We expect to have all maps available on all platforms in the new format within the next few months, if all goes well.

(Number updated.)

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 12:04 PM

Sean Boisen:

B. Our total target is about 250 maps. We have about 115 maps currently available in the web and mobile apps, all in the newer vector format that is faster to load and zoom. We have somewhat fewer maps currently in the desktop app. We expect to have all maps available on all platforms in the new format within the next few months, if all goes well.

Thanks Sean; I appreciate the update Smile

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 12:38 PM

Sean Boisen:

We have about 115 maps currently available in the web and mobile apps, all in the newer vector format that is faster to load and zoom.

You say they’re in the mobile app but these don’t seem to be present in the latest iOS beta?

Posts 141
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 12:50 PM

Will the maps work offline in the desktop app?

Posts 951
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 3:03 PM

Andrew116:

We've had requests for that capability, but for now Atlas requires an internet connection.

Posts 951
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 3:05 PM

James McAdams:

Sean Boisen:

We have about 115 maps currently available in the web and mobile apps, all in the newer vector format that is faster to load and zoom.

You say they’re in the mobile app but these don’t seem to be present in the latest iOS beta?

Sorry, i stand corrected: mobile apps are still using the previous raster style maps, not the newer vector format.

Posts 2583
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:

Any updates on getting the atlas completed and into the desktop version? This is isn't the right post because I had trouble finding it but I know some of the new maps are in the web app.

The updated Atlas tool has shipped in 7.14 Beta 1. It will be available to all users when 7.14 ships in about 6 weeks.

Andrew116:

The Atlas tool will not be available when running the application in offline mode, but if your internet connection is disrupted, it may continue to work with locally cached background images. You can also export any map as an image, and many story maps also have a formatted-for-presentation version available in the Media Tool.

Posts 504
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 3:40 PM

Thanks for update ! Yes

Posts 141
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 4:42 PM

Enjoying the update. Some initial thoughts - When I search for a place (e.g. 'Ai'), it seems to take me to the region but doesn't highlight or name the place on the map. Would it be helpful for a little flag to pop up, like on google maps?

Also would be cool to be able to add layers e.g. 'israel tribal allotment' 

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS